Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

408 with a f-1a setup! gurus critique it please!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 04:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 408 with a f-1a setup! gurus critique it please!

so blew my tranny on my max effort 383 n/a motor this past week so while the trannys out I plan to pull it with the motor and get pistons and a ls2 block and make it a 408! im new to boost so this is my list so far.

ls2 block with my callies 4.00 crank and 6.125 rods
need wiesco 4.030 pistons
cnc trickflow 225 heads(have)
fast 102? or ls6 intake? idk how the fast 102s hold with boost. currently have a fast 92
going to get a custom spec cam from pat g or eps
approx. 9.5 to 1 compression
alky meth kit
procharger going to be a f 1 a. plan to run 15-18 pounds all out and around 12-15 when its on the streets
lonnies twin pump system with 80 lb injectors

I know I need to get a ati super damper, radiator support, the dual electric fans etc. im going to be going with aster bracket, so I need the ls2 water pump.

what size pulleys do I need for the crank and blower? also what some good intercoolers out there?

im going with the tick stage 5 t56 magnum with stock gearing. so do you guys think 3.73s are good with a 28 inch tire?

I think this should be everything that I need. please send me your input!
Old 06-10-2013, 05:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Alot of questions. I will give my severely biased opinion.

I also wondered if the fast 102 was ok for boost. The fast 90's definately were not and thats why they are no longer available. The FAST 102 has been through lots of testing on different setups, so doing some research on your own will be key to making the decision you feel is right for you however, I did make a thread a while back asking fast 102 users to proclaim how much boost they were pushing through. Most of them are using hi temp silicone to make sure it seals and stays sealed. Some don't and get away with it. Either way the way I look at it...the ls6 intakes are getting old and I heard of some of them cracking, and ect....and even though the extra flow of the 102 may not justify the price of a new 102 it still flows more, and looks better while doing so. Vegenace Racing does in fact have the nicest looking ones out there as far as ordering one that is painted.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...t-intakes.html

as far as pulleys I am running ATI's 7.65 pulley with a 3.90 blower pulley which puts me overspinning the F1 by about 2k rpm @ 76k @ 7,000 rpm I believe. you can make boost come in sooner with a 3.70 and I am thinking about going that route so I can shift earlier and get peak power a little sooner. stangtamr29 did it. He made 916rwhp + on his setup with e85 @ heintz racing. he was running a 370 with 10:7 compression.

as far as the gearing, I will let some T56 owners tell you that. I preach auto for racing.

Also for the low boost on the street, unless you plan on turning your limiter down, or swapping pullies alot, or putting on a wastegate, youll prob be running the same boost all the time.

As far as intercoolers most people go with Cx Racing. You can look up some dimensions on prochargers site or brutespeeds and get as close to that as you can get.

Good luck. Look forward to seeing yours done. Mine is wrapping up next month.

Quick Reply: 408 with a f-1a setup! gurus critique it please!