Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Procharger bracket

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 02:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Procharger bracket

I ll keep this short and sweet . Im building a 408 with a F1R in my 02 WS6.. I was wondering if anyone knew of a place that fabs up a Fseries blower bracket for a a 4th Gen.?

Thanks for looking

Craig
Old 06-18-2013, 02:45 PM
ss1
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Aster Bracket from Brute Speed should do the trick. Right?

http://shop.brutespeed.com/Aster-Aut...er-Bracket.htm
Old 06-18-2013, 04:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

aster is what you want , dont go with anything else , if your using an f series you will be making some power and you dont want slip or to have to go through trying and buying , do that and you will be happy and glad you did .
Old 06-18-2013, 04:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

id go aster if you plan on never going bigger than a F1-X.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:12 PM
Staging Lane

I talked with bob over at brute speed and he is telling me to go to Dan Schoneck . I was just looking for another option before I pulled the trigger. Looks like I'm going COG to.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:16 AM
TECH Resident

Just finished up the exact setup a couple weeks ago. It was a tight fit but it works. This was with a Aster bracket btw.

Old 06-19-2013, 12:18 AM
TECH Resident

That was on an 8 rib as well. It made 12psi on a 5" pulley.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:51 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Question

Originally Posted by NBM-LS1
That was on an 8 rib as well. It made 12psi on a 5" pulley.
Are you planning on putting a smaller pulley on it? I am really curious as to how well the Aster Bracket would work with an F-1R at max impeller speed. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 06-19-2013, 08:54 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Just finished up the exact setup a couple weeks ago. It was a tight fit but it works. This was with a Aster bracket btw.

I like that inlet hat you made. Now if we could only get a company to replicate it with mandrel bent tubing. It's nice that it puts the filter a little higher up out of harms way.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:07 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
I like that inlet hat you made. Now if we could only get a company to replicate it with mandrel bent tubing. It's nice that it puts the filter a little higher up out of harms way.
Do you see how much farther forward the bottom is his rad is compared to stock. He made a ton of extra room for that inlet
Old 06-19-2013, 10:30 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by dschmittie1
Do you see how much farther forward the bottom is his rad is compared to stock. He made a ton of extra room for that inlet
True, I see that now. I guess the truck inlet is good enough for my baby D1SC at this time.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:35 AM
Staging Lane

Thank you for all the build pics... Helps alot
Im not sure this bracket will work .. I will be pushing around 20lbs through mine for 1100whp... It does look like you have a solid set up though...
Old 06-20-2013, 12:33 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
Are you planning on putting a smaller pulley on it? I am really curious as to how well the Aster Bracket would work with an F-1R at max impeller speed. Bob
We don't plan on going with a smaller pulley at this time. It made the power the customer was wanting on 12lbs. (720hp 690tq on a Mustang dyno)

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
Thanks it took a little work since this thing is significantly bigger than a D1. I literally had half an inch before the radiator.

Originally Posted by Craig Gibbs
Thank you for all the build pics... Helps alot
Im not sure this bracket will work .. I will be pushing around 20lbs through mine for 1100whp... It does look like you have a solid set up though...
No problem, man. I;m sure you wont have any trouble making that amount of boost on this bracket. You'll only need a 3.25 or 3.50 to make that boost on a 408. The only thing I would worry about is belt slip. You can only run up to an 8 rib on the aster bracket as well.

now I will tell you the first setup we had on out Texas mile zo6 before the F1x was a 8 rib F1r. On on a 440 with a 3.25 pulley it made 19 lbs of boost. We had no belt slip and were spinning the nuts off of it.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:55 AM
Staging Lane

No problem, man. I;m sure you wont have any trouble making that amount of boost on this bracket. You'll only need a 3.25 or 3.50 to make that boost on a 408. The only thing I would worry about is belt slip. You can only run up to an 8 rib on the aster bracket as well.

now I will tell you the first setup we had on out Texas mile zo6 before the F1x was a 8 rib F1r. On on a 440 with a 3.25 pulley it made 19 lbs of boost. We had no belt slip and were spinning the nuts off of it.[/QUOTE]

Thats one thing im worried about as well.. I know i was going to have to lose the 18s and the 3.73s .. I wanted to stay M6 but im worried i ll never hook. Even if i go 15s and a tall tire and 3.23s.. I know Dan Schoneck makes a COG set up bracket for a 4th gen and a F series blower that i will prolly have to use ..It is very expensive so I was just looking for different options..
Old 06-20-2013, 07:13 PM
TECH Addict

I bought a schoeneck bracket (dan and I are buds) a while back from a member on here, and I was going to trade my aster and some cash for it, but there will be no room whatsoever for the filter on it. the bracket is huge. over a foot forward from where the j bracket usually would end without the blower being on it. I imagine the blower will end up being damn near inside the fascia. it weighed about 25lbs and you really are going to break alot of cog belts without using the super pulley ATI makes. i am trying to come up with a way to get a 10-12 rib on 4th gens. but its proving to be rather difficult. i am sure the aster will do well with f1-f1r but you have to wonder about 1300-1400rwhp on the X. and there is no way with the placement of these $3000-$4000 dollar blowers that I can risk not running a filter. I actually talked to the guy that owned the car before the member selling it and he said it was trouble from day 1. i could have made it work if i spent the $500 on a super pulley and a few more on a laser allignment tool and kept some spare belts laying in the back. surely there is an easier way.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:14 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by I8UR4RD
I bought a schoeneck bracket (dan and I are buds) a while back from a member on here, and I was going to trade my aster and some cash for it, but there will be no room whatsoever for the filter on it. the bracket is huge. over a foot forward from where the j bracket usually would end without the blower being on it. I imagine the blower will end up being damn near inside the fascia. it weighed about 25lbs and you really are going to break alot of cog belts without using the super pulley ATI makes. i am trying to come up with a way to get a 10-12 rib on 4th gens. but its proving to be rather difficult. i am sure the aster will do well with f1-f1r but you have to wonder about 1300-1400rwhp on the X. and there is no way with the placement of these $3000-$4000 dollar blowers that I can risk not running a filter. I actually talked to the guy that owned the car before the member selling it and he said it was trouble from day 1. i could have made it work if i spent the $500 on a super pulley and a few more on a laser allignment tool and kept some spare belts laying in the back. surely there is an easier way.
The ATI Super Pulley is heavy, it's a lot of weight out there on the blower. If the car is an automatic, cog belt longevity shouldn't be a problem as long as the blower bracket isn't flexing. A lot of people run cogs on the street without the Super Pulley. I agree, I wouldn't run on the street without a filter. Not only is that a problem for the blower but that dirty air isn't good on the engine either. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 06-23-2013, 10:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

How are you guys with these F-series blowers dealing with the missing third mounting bolt on iron block for the alternator bracket? Regardless if you are using the Aster or not
Old 06-23-2013, 11:34 AM
TECH Addict

well for starters im told not to really worry about it. bob ran an f1-c 400+ ci setup on two. a member on here recently made a stabilizer bar for it, and some people find someone to weld on a piece of metal and tap that. either way its not a big issue.
Old 06-23-2013, 03:26 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by No Juice
How are you guys with these F-series blowers dealing with the missing third mounting bolt on iron block for the alternator bracket? Regardless if you are using the Aster or not
Here is a link to what i did. I was not taking any risks with just two bolts.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...t-bracket.html
Old 06-24-2013, 12:29 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jjcamaro02
Here is a link to what i did. I was not taking any risks with just two bolts.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...t-bracket.html
Thank you... Maybe getting back in touch later when im further along..

Quick Reply: Procharger bracket