Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

C6 Owners, What Specifics Would You Like To See In A Twin System?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 07:21 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What are you planning on doing for intercooling, the standard FMIC? Any plans on doing something a little different?
Old 02-13-2014, 01:49 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only real option other than an air to air would be air to water. Its possible but for what power most people will make, its just added cost, more complex to run and more plumbing.

If the kit takes off, thats one of the first items we might add to the product line though. For a 7-800 wheel street car, I just dont see the need for air to water. Assuming this is what your referring to
Old 02-13-2014, 02:04 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

would like to see pics when it's done...
Old 02-13-2014, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 74 Likes on 40 Posts

Seeing as i am trying to get into a C6Z, I would say the titanium exhaust would be a nice option but im not sure how well it sell. I know that i would love for the kit to possibly have a cutout (or 2) as close to the turbo(s) as possible.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:44 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by westtexasbuff
would like to see pics when it's done...
I will for sure be posting photos once we get a little further. I still have a decent amount to sort out and still design

Originally Posted by Ryans99ls1
Seeing as i am trying to get into a C6Z, I would say the titanium exhaust would be a nice option but im not sure how well it sell. I know that i would love for the kit to possibly have a cutout (or 2) as close to the turbo(s) as possible.
Ti was just an option, may run a few sets just to see how it would do. Personally I think it would be sweet and somewhat exotic to have. Not many people offer it so we will see, I want to make it different and have as many cool options as we can offer.

Cutout's already have been planned and more than enough room to plumb them in
Old 03-26-2014, 06:33 PM
FormerVendor

I was just wrapping up the design of this kit tonight and figured I would post to inform those that have been watching and calling. We are still months from a release but the design stages are done for the most part and now its time for some pre-production kits and actual testing.

Overall I think the setup is a great design, it will work on all the C6 cars, with or without dry sump. They dont give us a lot of room so we are restricted to the GT30 and GT35 turbos but that will still allow for customers to make some 4 digit dyno numbers if thats what your after.

Photos and more details to come
Old 03-26-2014, 08:12 PM
TECH Addict

Fitment is the biggest issue. People go rear mount because its the easy thing to do or mount right under manifold next to block but notch frame(which totals out vehicle) horrible idea. We finished our development of our C7 system and now in the development stages of our C6 system for LS2/3/7 Corvettes. We have a 2012 Grandsport and 2013 C6 Z06 getting started now. Should be able to share pictures in the next month or so. Didn't mean to highjack your thread.
Old 03-31-2014, 04:41 PM
FormerVendor

I would never consider cutting into a frame or designing a system that people could not pull from the vehicle. As you know its just a very tight setup to design a turbo kit around and to get everything to fit right. 2.5" downpipes would make fitment easier but I wanted to offer full 3" so that does make a few areas tight but it all fits nice.

My setup mounts beside the block, no notching, direct bolt on, and looks like it all belongs there. Its going to be a very cool system
Old 03-31-2014, 11:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Pics??
Old 04-01-2014, 05:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'm a ttix c5 kit owner and like it very much

here are a few things to consider

as mentioned packaging on the vette is incredibly tight and installation and maintenance is my biggest complaint

I like what LMR did mounting the turbos UP FRONT in the nose on their c7 design

another design option (although a bit more invasive) is mounting the turbos "mid ship" where the fuel tanks are and coverting over to an aftermarket tank (I kinda hate the "siphon" dual tank system in the vette, seems too complex and hard to work with, stick a big tank in there with a good pump and return and be done with it!!)

DON"T put them in the fenders as mentioned, cuts out the Z06 crowd due to the dry sump tank (good job catching that one!!!)

DON'T do a rear mount. patent rights to consider, a bit too laggy for my taste
use stock manifolds modded for a flange or v band to keep costs down. if no LS manifolds will do, design some nice cast manifolds (that is a stregth of the ttix, but also a weakness due to the limiation of the turbo physical size snugging up to the block down low, pipes are hard to package and install too!!)

use stiff well made coated pipes that FIT right the first time
use high quality clamps and thick silicone couplers
include the proper heat shielding for protecting wiring, brake lines, and any components
use big enough turbos and air cleaners to get to 1200 rwhp that will satisfy the majority of the owners
bundle a solid "base tune" for a variety of injetors and HP ratings
bundle a nice fuel system without the "surcharges" often seen (a magnafuel pump is about 400 on ebay yet, the "fuel systems" are often 1500-2k which is a bit steep IMHO, can be done cheaper!!
use a return style system with a boost referenced fuel regulator
build a kit without the "corvette tax"

and yes, the corvette guys are fussy, and won't settle for less than solid performance and quality

can provide you with MANY folks who would be willing to assist with R&D and testing. lots of the guys I hang with have several vettes and are "moving up" to the C7 but keeping the C6 because it's paid for

you guys do really nice work, and thanks for considering the vette crowd!!

Ron - boostamuv!!

let me know if I can help, long time turbo enthusiast

Performance Under Pressure

Last edited by rkreigh; 04-01-2014 at 05:43 AM.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:51 PM
FormerVendor

Thanks for the insight and I have considered almost all the points before we even started the design work. Its actually all done and off the car for jigs, pre-production test parts and get ready for testing. Its a great system, Im sure we will have little hoops along the way but I have spent since January on this car and its exactly how I would like my car.

Its going to work on the dry sump cars as well, we designed on a 08 z06. Its still very early on in the project but I think I have a lot of the main topics address. Most guys are going to like the system and what we will have to offer
Old 05-17-2014, 09:12 PM
ACG
Staging Lane

Any updates?
Old 05-28-2014, 05:30 PM
FormerVendor

Progress has been rather slow as the car we were designing with is being sold mid-project. So that left us hanging and basically dead in the water. As much as I didnt want to have to purchase a car to do the design with, we didnt have an option. This kit doesnt have the room that most applications have. So it will take me time and everything has to fit very exact.

So needless to say, we have picked up an 06 Z and will be doing all the final testing and fitting on it. Later this week we are installing a ZR1 clutch/flywheel, 60# injectors and a boost a pump for the time being. Then hopefully we can get the initial test fitting of the hotside done and keep working forward.

Old 05-28-2014, 09:33 PM
8 Second Club

Do you guys make a c5 TT kit?
Old 06-04-2014, 03:57 PM
FormerVendor

Not yet but Im sure once we have this system all squared away, we will tackle the C5
Old 06-05-2014, 07:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 74 Likes on 40 Posts

Im really excited to see this kit come together.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:00 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by On 3 Performance
Not yet but Im sure once we have this system all squared away, we will tackle the C5
Sounds good. I have a friend with a C5 itching for an affordable accessory friendly TT kit.
Old 06-05-2014, 01:48 PM
FormerVendor

From the looks of the c5, its going to be a little more of a challenge but we will get it done eventually. A lot of people ask so hopefully we will have a solution before long
Old 06-05-2014, 09:08 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by On 3 Performance
From the looks of the c5, its going to be a little more of a challenge but we will get it done eventually. A lot of people ask so hopefully we will have a solution before long
Yeah I imagine, There is a large market for them now a days. They are getting older and more affordable. You can get a lot of engineering for 10grand

Last edited by oscs; 06-05-2014 at 09:23 PM.
Old 06-05-2014, 10:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

any sneak pics of the c6 kit, how it lays out, etc...

Quick Reply: C6 Owners, What Specifics Would You Like To See In A Twin System?