Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

C6 Owners, What Specifics Would You Like To See In A Twin System?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 04:26 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 Owners, What Specifics Would You Like To See In A Twin System?

This kit is very high on my list of kits to design this year. Its something we want to offer in the near future and try to get started on it in the next few months. My question to the people on this forum is, what options or design ideas would you like to see in a kit if you were in the market? Something like this does take me a decent amount of time to go from ideas on paper to a production system. Im shooting for a Spring 2014 release so its not something that will hit the market this year.

If you have built one and like certain things but wished other aspects were different, let me know.

I know people will ask about C5 kits as well and its something I will do. I want to knock out this C6 kit first then move on to the C5.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Do you offer a camaro twin kit?Sorry dont have a C6.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:21 PM
Teching In

Space constraints. they will be your enemy. ask me how I know..

C6 owners are going to want the same thing as any other customer. They want the best parts, they want it cheap, and they want it easily installed. Have fun.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:45 PM
FormerVendor

Wicked Z, sorry I dont have a twin camaro system now, most likely I will do a setup within a year or so.

Driftin240, cant say I've ever seen a setup that like, is that something you developed and designed yourself? It does look good and I had one c6 over to the shop not long ago to get in the air and see what we are working with. Its tight virtually every angle you look at it and have ideas but just looks like its going to be a challenge. The 2011+ 5.0 mustang twin turbo system was a challenge and took some time but turned out very nice. I think this has a little more room to work with and just wish we had v-banded exhaust housings as that would make mounting the turbos a lot easier.

Did you work with the stock manifolds and low mount it or is your setup a rear mount?
Old 08-01-2013, 07:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have a look at this thread. LOTS of opinions and ideas on what owners would like to see!

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-f...r-your-c6.html

Chris.

EDIT: the above kit is a custom version of the HP kit that puts the turbos in the fender area. This has the boost pipes routed through the engine bay rather than above the wheels.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Don't mount that **** in the fender whatever you do. Leaves out the Dry sump cars.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:52 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by blackonblacksls
Don't mount that **** in the fender whatever you do. Leaves out the Dry sump cars.
I havent owned a vette so I dont have much time under and working around them. Thats the one thing I do not want to do. I really was hoping we could develop one system to fit the both the standard vette and Z's. I really need to just get a car in here so we can start working with it to see what we can come up with
Old 11-01-2013, 08:10 AM
TECH Addict

Has there been any progress on this?
Old 11-01-2013, 09:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

USA Made,
Good turbos
Good Wastegates
Good BOV
Stainless
in todays word a 700 horse tt vette isnt much. if the kit wont HONESTLY support 1000+ its not getting very far. hell even the TTI kit has an issue getting to the point and it is a GREAT kit with GREAT parts
Old 11-01-2013, 09:41 AM
8 Second Club

Received 676 Likes on 499 Posts

All the room is in the nose on the C5/C6. Very simple kit being run by a local back in FLA. Used 2 small turbos in front of the radiator with some small easy to route 1 7/8" piping coming off the OEM manifolds. Keeping the kit as simple as possible (AKA least expensive but still very functional) would be my main concern. The OEM parts aren't designed to handle 1000+ hp. Would be nice to have an affordable upgrade that the OEM equipment could handle for awhile. I'd love an additional 100hp on tap with a simple (semi-inexpensive) kit on my C5.

IMHO...Cater to the masses, not the few that can afford to buy a new C6 and throw another 20k in upgrades at it.

Last edited by Forcefed86; 11-01-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 74 Likes on 40 Posts

Im going to get a C6 in the next couple years once they come down in a price a little bit but ive been looking for a solid TT kit for them for awhile. The base C6 has more options than the C6Z and thats kind of frustrating because Im going to get a Z. There are couple companies that have released new stuff recently but its a bit untested.

I agree on keeping that stuff out of the fenders though, would definitely deter me.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Forcefed86
All the room is in the nose on the C5/C6. Very simple kit being run by a local back in FLA. Used 2 small turbos in front of the radiator with some small easy to route 1 7/8" piping coming off the OEM manifolds. Keeping the kit as simple as possible (AKA least expensive but still very functional) would be my main concern. The OEM parts aren't designed to handle 1000+ hp. Would be nice to have an affordable upgrade that the OEM equipment could handle for awhile. I'd love an additional 100hp on tap with a simple (semi-inexpensive) kit on my C5.

IMHO...Cater to the masses, not the few that can afford to buy a new C6 and throw another 20k in upgrades at it.
How much weight do you want on the front end of the car?

The vette is also a balanced car, a turbo kit that keeps this in mind in regards to parts placement would be nice.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:36 PM
8 Second Club

Received 676 Likes on 499 Posts

Originally Posted by CanadaFI

The vette is also a balanced car, a turbo kit that keeps this in mind in regards to parts placement would be nice.
Adding 50lbs to the nose isn't going to destroy the cars handling. 98% of c5/c6 drivers never take advantage f the 50/50 weight distribution in the first place. You want 50/50, add ballast in the rear.

Last edited by Forcefed86; 11-01-2013 at 10:55 PM.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:09 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Forcefed86

Have you got any pics or more info on this vette? There are a few of the big racing vettes that have mounted turbos up front. Most tend to go low mount or fender these days. Forward or up top seems to be difficult.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by CanadaFI

This is where DKT mounts them were the cats were. You don't shove the heavy parts to the front of the car
Old 11-02-2013, 07:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Toxic-Evo
USA Made,
Good turbos
Good Wastegates
Good BOV
Stainless
in todays word a 700 horse tt vette isnt much. if the kit wont HONESTLY support 1000+ its not getting very far. hell even the TTI kit has an issue getting to the point and it is a GREAT kit with GREAT parts
x2!!...
Old 11-26-2013, 01:00 PM
FormerVendor

Looks like we possibly might have a customer wanting to bring his c6 to us shortly. Hopefully that works out and we can get started. I have some good ideas just need to get the car in here, up on a lift and start coming up with a design. Im leaning strong towards casing custom manifolds for our kit
Old 02-12-2014, 03:37 PM
FormerVendor

Its been awhile since I posted here but we did finally get a C6Z here to design our system around. We are about 70% done and very happy with the design. We were able to work out a cool design and keep everything very clean. Im not quite ready to spill the beans on the complete design but I think it should satisfy most looking to go turbo.

Space on these cars is tight but not the end of the world. Makes for a challenge and honestly, the TT 2011+ 5.0 project we did was a lot more difficult than this. We will have the space to fit up to a GT35 turbo so the kit will support a good amount of power. We are using v-banded inlet/outlet exhaust housing to help fit everything where it needs to go. This is our first kit we will offer these housings with and they are nice compared to working with the 4 bolt inlets.

Another cool factor is weight, our normal cast t4 exhaust housings weight just under 12lbs. Our turbo's complete in this kit weigh in right at a hair over 12lbs. So you are adding weight but its very minimal to the front like some have expressed.

Ive had some people email about power and this kit will support depending on upgrades and supporting mods, easily 600-1000.

Pricing is not set but we have a close idea of where we will be on this setup and the number should fall just shy of $5000
Old 02-12-2014, 03:38 PM
FormerVendor

Its been awhile since I posted here but we did finally get a C6Z here to design our system around. We are about 70% done and very happy with the design. We were able to work out a cool design and keep everything very clean. Im not quite ready to spill the beans on the complete design but I think it should satisfy most looking to go turbo.

Space on these cars is tight but not the end of the world. Makes for a challenge and honestly, the TT 2011+ 5.0 project we did was a lot more difficult than this. We will have the space to fit up to a GT35 turbo so the kit will support a good amount of power. We are using v-banded inlet/outlet exhaust housing to help fit everything where it needs to go. This is our first kit we will offer these housings with and they are nice compared to working with the 4 bolt inlets.

Another cool factor is weight, our normal cast t4 exhaust housings weight just under 12lbs. Our turbo's complete in this kit weigh in right at a hair over 12lbs. So you are adding weight but its very minimal to the front like some have expressed.

Ive had some people email about power and this kit will support depending on upgrades and supporting mods, easily 600-1000.

Pricing is not set but we have a close idea of where we will be on this setup and the number should fall just shy of $5000
Old 02-12-2014, 04:25 PM
FormerVendor

Kicking around the idea of titanium turbo back exhaust. Lets say you were on the market for a TT c6 kit, would you consider an upgrade to titanium? Could offset a good amount of weight

Quick Reply: C6 Owners, What Specifics Would You Like To See In A Twin System?