Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

STS on the way, questions before install.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 07:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STS on the way, questions before install.

I am about to enter the world of FI. I picked up a complete STS kit on here and want to get my ducks in a row.

The kit comes complete with ....

New- Dyno Tune Digital Boost Gauge
New- Granatelli Motorsports 255 lph fuel Pump
New- Racetronix 42lb Injectors
Lingenfelter 4" Mass Air Flow
Tial 38mm Wastegate
Tial 50mm BOV
HBC Hallman Boost Controller "Pro Series"
Turbo 67mm .60 A/R Cold .81 Hot A/R
3" Intercooler
STS Remote Oil Pump with all lines
Wire Harness with all lines marked

So, aside from getting everything installed and the tune done, what are some other suggestions? I would really like to do this in one shot and not have to continuously be changing parts. One specific question is what should the 2nd gauge be in the dual gauge pod? It comes with the boost gauge. Should it be a wideband A/F gauge?

A few points.
1. The car has bbk long tubes with 1 3/4 primaries and a 2 1/2 inch Y into a 2 1/2 inch I pipe. That system is staying put for the time being.

2. I have an LS6 intake, with a turbo setup, will significant gains be had with a fast intake/throttle body, or am I ok with the stock setup?

What is a realistic number that this car should see at the wheels that would also keep me fairly reliable?
Old 08-26-2013, 09:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get exhaust wrap and wrap as much of the exhaust as you can reach, most say that a ls6 is fine and there are better places to spend your money for better gains. and i would say to get a wide band so you can always keep an eye on the a/f. and from what i have seen be prepared to mess with the oiling system a little to get it to work right

Quick Reply: STS on the way, questions before install.