Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

VR C6Z - Stage III Heads/Cam, A&A Supercharger, and 751-rwhp on just 7psi!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 01:28 PM
FormerVendor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up VR C6Z - Stage III Heads/Cam, A&A Supercharger, and 751-rwhp on just 7psi!

If there is anything we like more than horsepower, it's working on return customer's cars. And when a build from over a year ago comes back wanting MORE POWER with NO ISSUES, we're more than happy to get back to work.

Our friend, a Command Sergeant Major , used to think 600-rwhp was fun, until his right foot got used to all of the power... Now, he wanted us to add a plethora of boost related goodies, with the goal of boosting power by at least 100-rwhp, while keeping his Z street friendly and reliable.

Engine:
VR Stage II CNC LS7 Cylinder Heads
VR Custom Hydraulic Roller Camshaft
VR Ported and Polished Throttle Body

Power Adder:
A&A Supercharger System with V3 SI Headunit
Pullied for 7 PSI

Fuel System:
Fore Innovations Stage II Fuel System
80 lb/hr Flow Matched Fuel Injectors
Polished Billet Fuel Rails

Exhaust:
American Racing Longtube Headers
3-inch X-pipe with High Flow Catalytic Converters

Accessories:
VR Valve Covers with Custom Coil Relocation
Polished Throttle Body, Alternator Bracket, and Alternator
Victory Red LS7 Intake Manifold

Support:
RPS Twin Carbon/Carbon Clutch
Dewitt Radiator with Spal Dual Fans

Results:
This particular Z06 came back to us making exactly 600-rwhp (600.33-rwhp to be exact) and 552.80 lb-ft of torque. That's right in the average for our Stage II CNC LS7 heads/cam upgrade, but we knew that more power could be had with a little boost. With just 7 pounds of boost from the A&A supercharger, the Z belted out 751-rwhp and 625 lb-ft of torque, turning this fast Z into a rocket ship. That's a gain of 151-rwhp and 73 lb-ft of torque.

Videos:

Old 09-04-2013, 11:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Any more pics of the fuel system uninstalled and installed? I'll be going with that kit soon when I order a new clutch. What pumps is he using and which ones do you usually use for 700-1000rwhp builds?
Old 09-04-2013, 11:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Massive power out of that thing. Curious what people are doing to strengthen the bottom end on the LS7's? Have heard they don't get along well with boost. Sleeves?
Old 09-05-2013, 12:24 AM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Massive power out of that thing. Curious what people are doing to strengthen the bottom end on the LS7's? Have heard they don't get along well with boost. Sleeves?
Some leave them as if and run minimal boost, some sleeve them when they forge the bottom end, and others go to a aftermarket block.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:26 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
Some leave them as if and run minimal boost, some sleeve them when they forge the bottom end, and others go to a aftermarket block.
When I was looking for another car, ended up getting my 500 because 4 seats work better for me now, and I wanted something sort of fast. Looked at C6Z's, and LS3's... wasn't sure which route I wanted to go on one of those because I prefer boost, and from what I understand, the LS3 has a better base to start with.

Quick Reply: VR C6Z - Stage III Heads/Cam, A&A Supercharger, and 751-rwhp on just 7psi!