Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Looking for Quick Answer - MSD 2 Step Users

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 08:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Looking for Quick Answer - MSD 2 Step Users

I hooked up my 2 step box using ground as my activation... I'm not 100% sure if it's wired right or not. I guess I will find out as soon as I start the vehicle and try it, but I figured I'd ask this real quick anyways as I'm pretty sure the button I have is hooked up right.

The MSD instructions seem straight forward, but I am not sure if the LED on the 2 step box is supposed to be lit the moment the key is in the ON position or if it should only light after the activation/ground button is pressed and held down. Can someone using the MSD 2 step tell me if their LED on the 2 step box itself turns on when they turn the key on or if it only comes on when pressing the button... I'm using an automatic transmission, but I don't think that'd make a difference.

Thanks to anyone that can offer a quick response.

Brad
Old 09-09-2013, 08:12 PM
Teching In

Light comes on when you turn on the ignition, or whenever the box gets power
Old 09-09-2013, 08:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thank you. This part just kind of confused me:

"With the power On, engine running, activate the clutch or On/Off switch. If connected correct, the LED will illuminate when the clutch is activated. To verify the rpm, set the limit at a lower rpm, such as 3,000, and test the system."

Made me think that the LED should only be on when the 2 step gets activated. I think I'll be alright. Thank you again for the quick response!

Brad
Old 09-09-2013, 10:49 PM
11 Second Club

The LED on the 2 step module should only be activated when the clutch is pressed, if your car is a 6 speed. If the LED stays on all the time whenever you reach the rpm you have the 2 step set at it will activate.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:12 PM
Launching!

Correct ^ I had an issues with one of the msd 2 step the LED light was always lid up even with the two small pig tails not hooked up. i never found the problem since I got another one.

Quick Reply: Looking for Quick Answer - MSD 2 Step Users