Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Question about plate to hold radiator on stand up Griffin radiators.

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 04:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Question about plate to hold radiator on stand up Griffin radiators.

I bought this car from a forum member and whoever built this thing stood the radiator up and mounted to pieces of metal on either side for it to rest on so it isn't actually "mounted" and the metal is digging into the radiator and I would bet money will dig a hole in it eventually. I have seen cars here with nice shiny pieces up top to hold the radiator forward and wondering if anyone actually sells the piece already molded so I can just mount it to my Griffin radiator and keep it from leaning against the pieces someone put on there. It would keep it from rubbing and give me a couple more inches in the front where my turbos are.

Thanks in advance from a turbo newbie.
Old 10-05-2013, 04:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You probably aren't going to find any direct fit part. You need to get some pieces of rubber to isolate
Old 10-05-2013, 05:00 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SPRAYED 01
You probably aren't going to find any direct fit part. You need to get some pieces of rubber to isolate
I hear ya but I promise I have seen cars here with some nice shiny plate that bolts to the top of the excess lip on top of the radiator to the bar the bar the radiator sits against in the car. Mine at the moment is leaning towards the motor and rubbing holes in it against pieces of metal on either side whoever put it in. I really would rather bolt to the te car than have it floating against a piece of rubber.
Old 10-05-2013, 06:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use a modified lt1 radiator upper support works great.
Old 10-05-2013, 06:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope this helps it's the only pic on my phone... Ill get some better pics
Old 10-07-2013, 04:59 AM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question about plate to hold radiator on stand up Griffin radiators.-image-1140739596.jpg Question about plate to hold radiator on stand up Griffin radiators.-image-1381204795.jpg Question about plate to hold radiator on stand up Griffin radiators.-image-4145403081.jpg I had one made custom. If this is like something you need I think I could have another one made. If you are interested shoot me a PM and we can discuss and figure out a price.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
I bought this car from a forum member and whoever built this thing stood the radiator up and mounted to pieces of metal on either side for it to rest on so it isn't actually "mounted" and the metal is digging into the radiator and I would bet money will dig a hole in it eventually. I have seen cars here with nice shiny pieces up top to hold the radiator forward and wondering if anyone actually sells the piece already molded so I can just mount it to my Griffin radiator and keep it from leaning against the pieces someone put on there. It would keep it from rubbing and give me a couple more inches in the front where my turbos are.

Thanks in advance from a turbo newbie.

guys make them.

make what you want out of cardboard and take it to a sheetmetal place have them bend it for you
Old 10-08-2013, 02:10 PM
10 Second Club

Sorry guys I have been sick all weekend, damned weather change. Anyway those pics are exactly what I was referring to and like I said mine is sitting against two brackets leaning backwards towards the motor and its cutting into my radiator.

THADD that looks really nice and if it isn't too expensive I would be interested in something like that. Can't spend too much more on the car right now or my finace will kill me.

Quick Reply: Question about plate to hold radiator on stand up Griffin radiators.