Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

What is Tick Performance working on?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 04:26 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default What is Tick Performance working on?

Little shop tour of what we're working on right now....

The orange car is a LSX Real Street 275 turbo car we built. The owner built the motor himself, but I specified the cam and compression ratio. Owner already had the cylinder heads. LS2 based aluminum block, stock crank with forged internals. Non intercooled, S476 turbo, runs on E85, PG trans and rolls on a 275/60 M/T Pro tire. Holley HP EFI gets the job for the ECU duties.

The White car next to the orange car in the video is a 6.40@110mph 3800lb. 6 speed street car we built from the ground up years ago. Iron block 408, AFR 225's, V.1 Polluter camshaft and a Fast 90. Tick built Level 3 T56, 9" rear and 28x10.50" ET STREETS(not drags as this car gets driven on the street). Car has every single option from the factory still on it. Nothing removed.

The black car is a bolt on car we're doing some VVT tuning testing on after a full Kooks exhaust install.

The Red C6 Grand Sport Corvette is the LS3 powered stock bottom end Vette I posted a while back that made 813rwhp@14psi with a YSI. It is now getting a LSX iron block, PRC 6 bolt LS3 heads, stock intake, larger Tick Performance custom blower cam, and a Boost Leash boost by gear set-up with a Turbosmart 60mm waste gate.

Silver car with the 25.5 cage is my own personal 275 radial car. It is a 6.0 iron block based 370 with LSA heads and will be using a L92 Victor single plane intake with an Aaron's elbow. Engine was specified by myself and built by my boss Jonathan Atkins. Holley HP EFI will be doing the ECU duties and it has a PG as well on a 275/60 M/T Pro. I will be tuning it myself on E85 as well. Contemplating an intercooler right now, but I may stick without one for now.

The white LT1 4th gen with orange stripes is a 383 stroker motor we built a while back with a 200 shot of nitrous that made 440rwhp on motor and 650rwhp on nitrous. It is getting a custom T4 turbo kit with a S480, 87mm turbine wheel and 1.25 AR housing for super quick spooling and as little boost drop between shifts as possible. Custom cam by myself. It is a street car through and through.

Green 5th gen is a D1SC procharger equipped car making 625rwhp with full exhaust and a methanol injection kit. Engine got hydrolocked by a faulty methanol solenoid that the owner installed so we're jerking the engine out to assess the damage. It's at least getting a custom blower cam, and maybe getting a built engine after we see how bad everything is.

White C4 is getting a EFI connection 24x swap.

Hope you like what's going on in our shop! As you can see we have a very nice facility that we're very proud of. Stop by any time you like if you're local or in the area!

Last edited by Sales@Tick; 10-15-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Id love to stop by the shop one day. Work looks great. What are you switching to with your new turbo kit?
Old 10-15-2013, 05:22 PM
FormerVendor

I have a ton of stuff I'm thinking of. Don't know if I'm going to run an inter cooler or not now or just leave it non intercooled.

I'm going with a different intake manifold though, and with the compressor cover modified I'd have to buy a new one anyways.

This build has taken a turn towards extreme that I never really meant for it to.

I guess that's just how it goes sometimes.

John@Huron Speed though is one of the best and easiest guys to work with in this industry. He has done more for me than I could ever ask for, and only second to the shop I work for. If ANYONE is thinking about going turbo, they need to talk to him.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:28 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Need to put a real turbo on too.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:28 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
I have a ton of stuff I'm thinking of. Don't know if I'm going to run an inter cooler or not now or just leave it non intercooled.

I'm going with a different intake manifold though, and with the compressor cover modified I'd have to buy a new one anyways.

This build has taken a turn towards extreme that I never really meant for it to.

John@Huron Speed though is one of the best and easiest guys to work with in this industry. He has done more for me than I could ever ask for, and only second to the shop I work for. If ANYONE is thinking about going turbo, they need to talk to him.

Yeah i was looking at your kit for my car but with my motorplate, i cant say it will fit. You going with the Holley Hi Ram?
Old 10-15-2013, 05:45 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by DrTurbo
Need to put a real turbo on too.
Yea yea, you know that wasn't my doing! When I put mine on it, and it makes more power than the other one, they'll see the light then!
Originally Posted by a98ws6
Yeah i was looking at your kit for my car but with my motorplate, i cant say it will fit. You going with the Holley Hi Ram?
I'd have to hack my windshield up to use the Hi-Ram and I don't really feel like doing that.

Going to use a Victor L92 Edelbrock intake with an elbow.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Love the orange car. I want my car to head in that direction, buts it's that money thing that stops that.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lots of nasty projects in there!
Old 10-15-2013, 06:44 PM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice shop!!! Looks like a great place to work. That orange car is sweet idk how I feel about the exhaust being so high but talk about a direct shot! Lol
Old 10-15-2013, 07:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice video of all the stuff in the shop. Saw it on Facebook earlier.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:18 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Zmg00camaross
Love the orange car. I want my car to head in that direction, buts it's that money thing that stops that.
Thanks! The color really makes it stand out.

I understand about the money deal. I've spent more money on my car this year than I care to count. I actually did add it up today, I nearly fainted.
Originally Posted by Blackpanther99
Lots of nasty projects in there!
We like to keep a few 1000rwhp builds on hand, nothing special.
Originally Posted by Camaro9969
Nice shop!!! Looks like a great place to work. That orange car is sweet idk how I feel about the exhaust being so high but talk about a direct shot! Lol
Thanks Doug!

The shop is a hair under 10,000 sq. feet heated and A/C. We have another 2500 sq. ft. shop out back. What you can't see is that we're sitting on 35 acres at the foot of Low Gap Mountain which is about 2500-3000' of elevation. Gorgeous country.

I'll take a video of the scenery tomorrow and take a video of the trans room, engine building room and show room tomorrow. We have I'd say 7,000 sq. ft. of shop space and 2500 sq. ft. of office space. That's not counting the attic/parts room which isn't air conditioned or heated so we don't count it in the sq. footage.

All in all, including the back building...I'd say we have right at 15,000 sq. ft. of space.
Originally Posted by mrstepheneades
Nice video of all the stuff in the shop. Saw it on Facebook earlier.
Thanks Stephen! We're proud of it and we couldn't be here without our customers supporting us for 10 years now. There are a lot of businesses that do great work that don't ever get off the ground.

I can safely say the big man upstairs has taken a liking to us, and we let him know from time to time how thankful we are. Probably should do it more often.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Keep a thankful heart for a blessed business Martin and Tick will always grow and thrive. Keep treating customers as you've treated me and my friends and that will also keep business thriving. Just the positive atmosphere Tick and its employees create alone will draw more business. For my lsx needs, you will always have my business.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:02 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick

Thanks Martin, really appreciate it!!

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 10-17-2013, 06:30 AM
FormerVendor

Old 10-17-2013, 09:43 AM
TECH Addict

Such a nice shop Martin. Id only dream of working in a place like that. Kind of makes going to work enjoyable. Also i LOVE a clean shop. When people take care of the things around them, it tells alot about the way they do work. Its the kind of place you want to take your car to get work done and not have to worry about it.

Quick Reply: What is Tick Performance working on?