Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

How much more on meth?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 09:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much more on meth?

I have a 427 LSX,LS7 heads,Forged ,studded,620 cam,ported tb,85 lb injectors,YSI on only 11 lbs.My tuner got 731 at only 6300 rpm without spray then had a problem with the dyno computer so I took it home.My question is what do you guys think the numbers would be with the meth? I live 5 hrs away so I wont be back to that shop till spring
Old 11-08-2013, 09:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can make an easy 900-950rwhp if you pulley the blower down and put bunch of meth in it.. Assuming its M6.

11 psi ain't ****. Pulley it for max impeller speed at whatever rpm you decide to limit it at. On a good flowing 427, you should see 20-21 psi or more with the YSI and a 2.75" pulley with an 8" balancer @6800.

Better make sure the fuel/meth systems are 100% right, along with a tuner that knows what he is doing.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

You should be running twin 15gph nozzles and pulley that bitch down like mentioned above. Over 1000rwhp awaits. Probably going to need bigger injectors also.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TurboAv
You should be running twin 15gph nozzles and pulley that bitch down like mentioned above. Over 1000rwhp awaits. Probably going to need bigger injectors also.
,Running a progessive snow system with there biggest nozzles.Supposed to be good for 1000 hp.I have a smaller pulley but was leary of lifting the LS7 heads.The tuner has a lot of experiance.We were playing it safe but wanting to turn it up now.With the set up now how much would the meth add?
Old 11-09-2013, 04:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Depends on how much timing is being lost to higher IAT's and how far you are willing to push the timing when the meth is spraying. 15-20rwhp per degree of timing seems to be the rule of thumb. I'm on E85, so I have a little more wiggle room, but I set my tune up to only add "extra" timing for the meth when IAT's get less than 50F. So if my meth pump quits or flow isn't what it should be my IAT's won't be low enough to give me that "extra" timing. Then I still pull timing when IAT's get over 122F and I'm pretty aggressive with how much and how fast it pulls the timing. The car is tuned so that I can do a pull off meth and not go too lean.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TurboAv
Depends on how much timing is being lost to higher IAT's and how far you are willing to push the timing when the meth is spraying. 15-20rwhp per degree of timing seems to be the rule of thumb. I'm on E85, so I have a little more wiggle room, but I set my tune up to only add "extra" timing for the meth when IAT's get less than 50F. So if my meth pump quits or flow isn't what it should be my IAT's won't be low enough to give me that "extra" timing. Then I still pull timing when IAT's get over 122F and I'm pretty aggressive with how much and how fast it pulls the timing. The car is tuned so that I can do a pull off meth and not go too lean.
I think that is similar to this tune because he told me that if I lose the meth pump it wont get to lean.I will have a chat with him about the 3in pulley I have and turning this thing up.Hopefully it would lift the heads,Love to see 1000 to the wheels even though its a handfull now.Thanks for the knowledge.Still learning the fi stuff

Quick Reply: How much more on meth?