Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Which manifolds to retain ac?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 05:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Which manifolds to retain ac?

Im Looking to turbo a 98 Fbody while retaining the a/c for a buddy. I've saw reference to c6 and truck manifolds to retain the ac. Can someone tell me exactly which year and engine option manifolds I should be hunting for? Perhaps link me to a thread? I tried the search but clearly I'm not using the right terms since I'm sure this has been covered before.

Appreciate the info!

Edit: also seeing mention of needing a pmr front cross member. Is there a way to avoid that?

Last edited by crash41301; 12-01-2013 at 06:06 PM.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I have C6s if u need them.
Old 12-01-2013, 10:54 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

C6 (LS2 or LS3) manifolds work well on the passenger side as they dump the exhaust down opposed to front or back allowing you to build your piping from that manifold to wrap around the A/C Compressor. With this the most common mate for turbo manifolds would be a truck manifold on the drivers side (passenger side manifold flipped to face forward) However, with the AC Compressor on the lower passenger side, you need space to route the piping around it (where the turbo style K-member comes into play). Also with the passenger side now clogged up with the compressor and your hot side piping, you need to run the down pipe out the drivers side. However here you have the steering shaft in the way so again the Turbo style k-member is needed for extra clearance to be able to fit a 3" through and around the steering shaft.

Hope this helps, check out our A/C Retaining kit as well using these manifolds!
http://shop.huronspeedproducts.com/F...o-Kit-acSE.htm

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
The following users liked this post:
Homer_Simpson (08-08-2023)

Quick Reply: Which manifolds to retain ac?