Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

On3's LS1 Foxbody Swapped Kit / Build

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 05:05 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default On3's LS1 Foxbody Swapped Kit / Build

At first I really didn’t give the LSx / Foxbody swap much thought and personally saved my black coupe from getting a GM engine swapped in. I thought it was a sin to put a GM engine into your Mustang. After looking over a few, seeing how well they run and how clean they install, I took on the newest foxbody turbo kit design. The project started with a local car friend’s coupe with a LS1 / T-56 swapped in and ready to design around. I couldn’t believe the room we had to work around with and made this a nice system and installs very clean. As much as I hate to say it, I would like to at some point build a clean coupe, stripped down with a 6.0l swapped.

The car has been 11.50 n/a so we have a good base line and will see where the car goes with boost(….9.999 lets hope). As far as the build goes, we have a set of custom tubular stainless steel headers that merge together in a similar design to our fox 5.0 system. The downpipe is also stainless and goes from 3” and transitions to 3.5 to the firewall. So that will support good power and not become a restriction like some of our other systems that just have a 3” option. This will fit any turbo up to the 7875 but I did fit a t4 flanged 88mm on the car to be sure it will clear. It will take a custom transition on the downpipe since the outlet of the turbo is larger but a pretty simple cut / weld if you needed the 88mm.

As far as the cold side goes, its all 3” aluminum tubing and bead rolled ends. All kits will come standard with the black couplers that you see and all stainless t-bolt clamps. We use the standard 25”x 12 On3 air to air intercooler and will have options for a 4” core if requested. Once again, this is all routed very clean and has a high polished finish that looks really trick.

The car we mocked up on did have a tubular kmember but we kept the factory unit it mind and will be a little tighter with the downpipe but will clear. We did not have a/c on the car so as of right now, we are going to advertise the setup as a/c must be removed. Power steering and power brakes were kept in place and no need to remove either.

All in all, this is the easiest kit we have to install, not sure how popular it will be but we shall see. I don’t like getting calls for kits and we have to tell customers to go elsewhere. So we are going to fulfill this market and excited to see what our customers will do with the new setup.

This is a production system so we plan on bringing the system in very limited quantities to market Jan 1st tentatively. We have started our pre-sales on the system as a lot have already heard and been waiting for the release. If you have any questions, feel free to ask about the project and the kit design. You can email us at On3Performance@aol.com or call the shop at 614-439-0057

I will try to keep updating the thread as we get further along with the car. The production has taken longer than planned as well so we are a little behind on everything. We still have a few parts off the car that we wanted to tweaked before production. Once that’s back together, numbers, videos and track times shouldn’t be too far behind
Old 12-05-2013, 07:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

Love it. Makes me even more tempted to pick up a fox now.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys have quite the assortment of turbo kits now for a variety of cars.

Crazy to think you did only mustangs with ford power not to long ago. Now you have gm trucks and car kits along with lsx swap kit now too.

Not too many companys doing a wide variety of bolt on kits like you are especially at the prices you offer.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:17 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Ryans99ls1
Love it. Makes me even more tempted to pick up a fox now.
You and me both! I have too many projects but working with the LS engine in these cars is just so easy. I love my built engine 4v swapped 90 coupe but its tight and difficult to work with. The LS has a clean install with very little wiring, simple to access anything and parts are all reasonable. Ill build one for sure, just dont know when

Originally Posted by 95bowtie
You guys have quite the assortment of turbo kits now for a variety of cars.

Crazy to think you did only mustangs with ford power not to long ago. Now you have gm trucks and car kits along with lsx swap kit now too.

Not too many companys doing a wide variety of bolt on kits like you are especially at the prices you offer.
Thanks, my main focus was really the Mustang but I knew I was missing out by not branching out. I have ran the company myself for the last year and hired some good help this year. Thats really allowed myself to get into the back, start mocking up kit and working with cars more. Hope to keep expanding, looks like we have a C6 z06 coming in within 2 weeks. Im going to start building a system for the C6 cars next. See how that goes and most likely do the C5 next
Old 12-05-2013, 04:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great Chad! Cant wait to sell and install one of these! Got a customer down here itching with a gto. Any thoughts on making a kit for them? I thought about making one for him but its pretty tight in there and really dont have the time.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:15 PM
FormerVendor

Sounds good Ill make sure Adam or I let you know when they are ready. Just check with us right at the first of the year and we should be ready to go with them

I have a lot of people that ask about the gto and g8 cars. I have this year pretty well planned out with our projects but who know. I didnt plan on doing a few of the kit designs I did this year. So as of right now there is no plan but if I get someone local with a car that might want to bring it in to design around, Ill let you know
Old 12-05-2013, 08:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice. Yeah i think the gto and g8 market would be hige because there isnt many options for them turbo wise and the options that are there are rediculously high priced.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you ever want to do a kit for a chevelle. You all can use mine for the mock up. I get to keep the kit though!.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wish this had been an option when I did mine, lol. Would have saved a ton of time. But then I went t6. What kmember was it built around?
Old 12-06-2013, 11:11 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by evilz99
Nice. Yeah i think the gto and g8 market would be hige because there isnt many options for them turbo wise and the options that are there are rediculously high priced.
Its for sure an application we will cover some day its just a matter of when

Originally Posted by Wicked69
If you ever want to do a kit for a chevelle. You all can use mine for the mock up. I get to keep the kit though!.
You know I would be calling you first!

Originally Posted by Sarg
I wish this had been an option when I did mine, lol. Would have saved a ton of time. But then I went t6. What kmember was it built around?
The car has an aje but stock should not be a problem. I kept that in mind during the mock up.

I guess a questions to people that do the swap, how many people just go with a tubular kmember?
Old 12-06-2013, 11:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Majority I have seen have been tubular with the majority of those being the aje. I went tubular aje on mine and after searching that was the dominant k member that people used for the ls application.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:40 PM
FormerVendor

I believe upr is doing something, not sure if its out but I thought they had something in the works as well.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:50 PM
12 Second Club

Hmm . looks like ill be buying one possibly tax time.any pics of down by the water pump where the ac comp would be located? Clearance for heater hoses?
Thanks
Old 12-10-2013, 08:58 PM
On The Tree

I've finished one LS1 fox,i'll be picking up a second fox for a turbo build so this is perfect timing.Will there be info posted on your web sight?
Old 12-11-2013, 07:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

If you want a mock up car for LS swapped FC RX-7's let me know, ive got one sitting around and should finish the swap around summer. Im in Cleveland, so it wouldnt be a long haul.

(1,000th post!)
Old 12-11-2013, 08:26 AM
On The Tree

Good when this kit is done, just start mocking up the twin kit....

With the 6.0 guys all leaning towards T6 framed turbos, Off the shelf kits are kinda out. But off the shelf T4 twin kits can make the same if not more without having to fab it all up yourself.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

what's the plan on the c6z06? keeping all accessories in place?
Old 12-11-2013, 03:38 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by stangtrader
Hmm . looks like ill be buying one possibly tax time.any pics of down by the water pump where the ac comp would be located? Clearance for heater hoses?
Thanks
I have custom lines that will hook up and keep heater lines out of the way, they are included with the kits

Originally Posted by streetlegalls1
I've finished one LS1 fox,i'll be picking up a second fox for a turbo build so this is perfect timing.Will there be info posted on your web sight?
Yes our site is currently being re-designed as we speak, should have more info up there shortly on these kits

Originally Posted by Ryans99ls1
If you want a mock up car for LS swapped FC RX-7's let me know, ive got one sitting around and should finish the swap around summer. Im in Cleveland, so it wouldnt be a long haul.

(1,000th post!)
Cool! Ill keep that in mind for sure, we do have people that ask frequently

Originally Posted by LSFOX
Good when this kit is done, just start mocking up the twin kit....

With the 6.0 guys all leaning towards T6 framed turbos, Off the shelf kits are kinda out. But off the shelf T4 twin kits can make the same if not more without having to fab it all up yourself.
I think this is a good starting point and still will support close to or around the 1000hp mark. It should satisfy most and the guys looking to make crazy power generally fab up something custom anyhow. Its always something and we will see how this initial kit goes and possibly consider a twin kit from there.

Originally Posted by merim123
what's the plan on the c6z06? keeping all accessories in place?
Yes hopefully picking the car up tomorrow and should be able to get cranking away on that design. Im sure it will be a fairly detailed and involved design process but hope to have the kit out 2014.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:46 PM
Staging Lane

Nice. Curious to see what kinda power it makes.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by evilz99
Looks great Chad! Cant wait to sell and install one of these! Got a customer down here itching with a gto. Any thoughts on making a kit for them? I thought about making one for him but its pretty tight in there and really dont have the time.
This^^

I made my own setup and wished the whole time I had an option to just buy a setup and bolt it on.

Biggest issue with the gto's is getting a decent dp down the firewall. 3 inch is the max really on the driver side. The pass side you need to remove or relocate abs to get anything larger than 3 inch past the valve cover/wires etc.

Quick Reply: On3's LS1 Foxbody Swapped Kit / Build