Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Finished the Intake Manifold- A few pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 06:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian Hoss
Got some flow numbers? Eagerly looking forward to seeing the dyno numbers too!
No flow data. I anticipate the car to have more power than I could possibly ever use. Be interesting to let someone "borrow" the intake and TB on a more serious race motor. Maybe make another. Have a ways to go on the whole project. Hoping next summer.
Old 02-01-2014, 05:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Working weekend

Yup... another working weekend as usual. I like working weekends anyway, I get more done without phones and all the other interruptions. A run like this one is 4 1/2 hours so I find time to work on the Vette. Looks like more custom laser cut, USA made shift indicators for a well know steering column manufacturer. Just so you know.. "IDID" these! And, "I-DO" all of them.

Old 02-02-2014, 12:00 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very, Very, impressive to say the least! The design and craftsmanship are absolutely impeccable...
Old 03-19-2014, 07:36 PM
Teching In

You sir, are not right in the head...

Great work
Old 03-19-2014, 08:15 PM
Staging Lane

Amazing work man. Ive seen alot on these forums and the web in general over the years, but this, this is amazing. And the fact that you're not some billionaire just going out and buying the most expensive of everything but instead piecing things together when you get a good deal and making everything you can yourself. Wow
Old 03-21-2014, 11:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

subscribed. amazing work!!!
Old 03-21-2014, 04:32 PM
Teching In

beautiful work definatly in on this one
Old 03-21-2014, 07:13 PM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Absolutely amazing work.
Lets see some more of it and maybe some of the car that its going into, the "bad *** vette" please
Old 03-23-2014, 12:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 583 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by erickcastillo95
dam bro i woouldnt even want to run that engine id place it in the living room and just admire it everyday lol looks real nice
I agree. Too pretty to put into a car.

OP has serious skill.
Old 04-22-2014, 06:03 PM
Teching In

no words for this...fantastic job
Old 04-23-2014, 07:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thats amazing. I wouldnt even use that darn engine just to not get it dirty. Lol
Old 04-23-2014, 10:16 AM
Teching In

wow thats a beautiful piece. i want it to put it in place of my tv. kudos to you man
Old 08-02-2014, 01:22 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm seriously speechless. Just... completely. I'd love to hear of any new updates
Old 08-02-2014, 06:46 PM
Teching In

Excellent.

Can you give more info on the holley?
Old 08-03-2014, 10:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
I'm seriously speechless. Just... completely. I'd love to hear of any new updates
I was surprised to see this thread pop up. Im easy to find and there is quite a lot more progress with lots of pics. If you have absolutely nothing better to do for a couple minutes just click "show threads started" by my handle "Lasershop". Been working on brake lines. I sure as hell wish I had done the brake lines while it was on the rotisserie instead of now laying on my back under the car. Its far more difficult to make them all neat and tidy.
Old 08-03-2014, 11:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flyingbrick88
Excellent.

Can you give more info on the holley?
I do have an opinion on the Holley Hi-Ram. The engineering is crap and the casting is equally so. The ports don't even come close to matching LS1 heads, some by more than 1/4". The ports don't match each other. The injector angle is wrong. You spend $$$$ on CNC ported heads and then zero that out by installing the Holley. I dont know how much harder it is to make a good casting verses a bad one. I returned mine to Jegs, no questions asked.

I know there are many making power with it but how much HP are they leaving on the table from the miss alignment issues? I wonder how many guys never looked down into the runners to see?

They need to come out with a Hi-Ram "2" that addresses the issues. They also need to redesign it so you don't have to cut into the windshield. I would buy that one.
Old 08-03-2014, 11:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If the motor looks amazing... I wonder what the rest of the car will look like. Top notch stuff for sure!
Old 08-04-2014, 08:28 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Lasershop
I do have an opinion on the Holley Hi-Ram. The engineering is crap and the casting is equally so. The ports don't even come close to matching LS1 heads, some by more than 1/4". The ports don't match each other. The injector angle is wrong. You spend $$$$ on CNC ported heads and then zero that out by installing the Holley. I dont know how much harder it is to make a good casting verses a bad one. I returned mine to Jegs, no questions asked.

I know there are many making power with it but how much HP are they leaving on the table from the miss alignment issues? I wonder how many guys never looked down into the runners to see?

They need to come out with a Hi-Ram "2" that addresses the issues. They also need to redesign it so you don't have to cut into the windshield. I would buy that one.
Thank you for making it so clear on Holley ports issues.

I've seen many truck owners jump on and put holley intake. I'm glad I knew about this before swapping my stock intake to the holley "crap" hi ram intake.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Denali08
Thank you for making it so clear on Holley ports issues.

I've seen many truck owners jump on and put holley intake. I'm glad I knew about this before swapping my stock intake to the holley "crap" hi ram intake.
You know, just so it is said, I'm not a product basher at all. I feel kind of bad for expressing my opinion. I don't think you should buy it just to see for yourself. I saw what I saw.

Holley makes great products and paved the way for decades. Its just that manifold is way out of their expected quality and engineering and its not hard to find the same complaint. I'm pretty picky but the flaws are more than obvious.

If you were to grind away and try to port match, the walls on the manifold will be paper thin and that's if its possible at all without going through. On the top, the threaded holes are not centered with the boss's. Once again there is hardly two the same due to the casting.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:45 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Lasershop
You know, just so it is said, I'm not a product basher at all. I feel kind of bad for expressing my opinion. I don't think you should buy it just to see for yourself. I saw what I saw.

Holley makes great products and paved the way for decades. Its just that manifold is way out of their expected quality and engineering and its not hard to find the same complaint. I'm pretty picky but the flaws are more than obvious.

If you were to grind away and try to port match, the walls on the manifold will be paper thin and that's if its possible at all without going through. On the top, the threaded holes are not centered with the boss's. Once again there is hardly two the same due to the casting.
I would not call it bashing when you state your experience with the product. You're stating facts. Holley should be glad someone is pinpointing the negatives for them. They should seriously work on improving their production. Then, I will be glad to buy it.

How about rectangular port LS3 Holley intake? Do you know if it has the same ports issue.

Quick Reply: Finished the Intake Manifold- A few pics