Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

My TBSS LSx275 Build - PROJECT:RapeTruck

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 11:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LosLS2
What are you hoping to get the raceweight down to?
My Hope is around 3800 with my fat *** in it.
Old 09-13-2014, 06:09 PM
On The Tree

Figured I would make a little update.....Nothing Special Today as its been a busy last 10 days for me with Prepping for an attending LS Fest 2014......Which I will say was an awesome show this year. The LSX Rated Crew had a great time attending and just cruising around seeing everyone. If you didn't see us if you were there....Something was wrong with you....LOL.

Todays update shows what I think will end up being my new valve covers. These are the Black ProForm covers....which ALMOST Fit......But not quite. I think I can modify the Girdle and mount to make these fit. In the Third pic you can see how little we are hitting by. Im gonna machine them a bit thinner and modify the mounts and the inside of the valve covers....These should look great once all modified and Fit. Next up we have pics of this bad *** truck sitting out by our baby RV parked near the dyno at LS Fest.....And then Up with the Holley Booth on the Vendor midway for Saturday and Sunday. TO say this truck got some attention at LS Fest would seriously be an understatement. I couldn't believe the response the truck got just sitting there....Not even running. I guess they kind of liked the work in progress too since I got the plaque for "Best Under COnstruction" at the show.

We (the LSX-Rated Crew) had a great time at the show and at the host hotel afterwards where we held a small couple hour burnout contest.....TO say the least I cant wait to get back there next year and get back at trying to get this guy finished for LSX Indy.

Old 09-13-2014, 06:29 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I stopped by and checked it out at the show... it looked great. Noone was around at the time, or else I would have chatted for a while about it.
Old 09-13-2014, 06:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
I stopped by and checked it out at the show... it looked great. Noone was around at the time, or else I would have chatted for a while about it.
There was soo many guys always around the truck that I just left it sit there.....Id have talked all weekend if I stood around it. Sorry I missed you.
Old 09-13-2014, 06:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LosLS2
What are you hoping to get the raceweight down to?
We weighed this at LS Fest on the QA1 Race Scales they were using that day......And we were surprised at the weight. Now remember this is no Trans, some wiring missing, no driveshaft or rear gear in the rear end and no fluids.....but other than that it was almost a complete truck.

Old 09-14-2014, 09:42 AM
On The Tree

I don't think I have ever shown these pics of the window net setup either, so I figured Id toss them up......Also found this little dude who made the inside of the truck his final resting place.

Old 09-27-2014, 10:58 AM
On The Tree

Todays update has very little content....Truck has been delivered to Rogue Race Cars in Cincinnati for completion of Fab work. Lots of Misc. brackets, final welding and some minor fab needs completed. One the things needing completed the most was getting the Trans Cooler mounted in the rear for the final layout of hose and fitting to be plumbed in. This is the orientation of the Water/Ice Cell, Trans Cooler and A2W Intercooler in the truck. Also was under the truck taking a few measurements so I took a shot of the rear suspension and the Anti-Rollbar connection and Setup. Hopefully Ill have much more to come soon.

Old 09-27-2014, 05:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice build! Still wish i could get one of those valley covers!
Old 09-28-2014, 03:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by a98ws6
Nice build! Still wish i could get one of those valley covers!
Call Chris @ C.R.T. Turbos and see what he will do.....He is the one who made it for me.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:20 PM
On The Tree

Todays Update......Fitment and Locating the right spot for the fuel Regulator.....That thing Is a BIG ****! And The other stuff is just some minor welding of fittings and brackets.....Its the little stuff that takes all the time at the end of a project. Enjoy.

Old 10-02-2014, 10:05 AM
Staging Lane

Coming along nicely!
Old 10-06-2014, 11:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SS-TEN
Coming along nicely!
Maybe so... but at the pace of a snail. I surely hope the truck runs faster than the build.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:14 PM
On The Tree

OK, Not Many Pics to Update, but here we go.
Had to redo a crossbar under the truck, it was hitting the rear end when the truck was lowered way down. Had The Bar Cut out, a new bar bent for additional clearance and installed. Also slightly "C" notched the Frame rails for just a little more clearance. Fuel Pump is mounted. This is a BB Kit that has been modified to fit an LS setup. It amazes me that in this day and age, no one makes a damn LS Belt drive kit....The Mandrel had to be machined to fit the LS Crank Pulley. Machined the rocker Girdles to assist in clearing the new single piece valve covers to et rid of the cover/Spacer setup I hate so much. Also started working on my mirror delete plates. I am basically cutting up a stock set of mirrors and I will fabricate a smooth composite cover on the "frames" to bolt righ into the factory location. This should turn out nice...and Besides, I don't need mirrors on the dragstrip, it is just added weight and drag....Neither of which I need to keep or add to this highly aerodynamic lightweight piece of machinery. Every Bit counts in my opinion.

Old 10-24-2014, 12:00 AM
On The Tree

Heres my new MAP mount that one of the members here on YB is Making....This thing is pretty trick and makes it so you can get a positive connection on the MAP sensor instead of just a hose on a plastic barb fitting. I like it.

Last edited by MattKatz; 10-24-2014 at 12:27 AM.
Old 10-24-2014, 12:18 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Who makes that MAP sensor mount?
Old 10-24-2014, 12:26 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by topgun542
Who makes that MAP sensor mount?
SOrry. Its a Member on YellowBullet.....Name is "BigBam"
Old 10-24-2014, 11:48 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MattKatz
SOrry. Its a Member on YellowBullet.....Name is "BigBam"
That is badass... I sent him a PM
Old 10-26-2014, 10:51 PM
On The Tree

Todays little update.

GOt me a New Steering Wheel so I can mount my necessary thumb operated switch's, and actually use the quick release we are installing. Got me a pretty Aeromotive Fuel Rail Gauge too. The Guys at the Fab Shop got my charging lugs mounted inside the fuel filler door and got my Kill Switch mounted where I wanted it in the bumper coming directly through the passenger sides Reflector in the bumper.

What funny is last night I was walking around my garage with the steering wheel driving and making Vroom Vroom Noises.....Yes Im serious.....And Damn I need to get my truck done already.

Old 10-28-2014, 05:44 AM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn alot of badass shtuff going on this truck!
Old 10-28-2014, 10:11 AM
Staging Lane

Nice progress! Keep the updates coming!!

Quick Reply: My TBSS LSx275 Build - PROJECT:RapeTruck