Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

SOM LAG Project: 394ci, 25.3, Twin PT7675 Gen 2's, PG, E85, 7-second Street Car

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 12:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What Shifter are you running/ And did you have to cut up the counsel to install it? Any pictures by chance?
Old 01-16-2017, 12:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 69 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by hooley
What Shifter are you running/ And did you have to cut up the counsel to install it? Any pictures by chance?
I am running the TCI Outlaw.

I had to notch the back of the shifter opening a little bit when running the 4L80 in order to reach low. I am not sure if it is needed or not with the Glide. I would guess the gate pattern is shortened with only the two gears versus four.

I will be at the shop tonight for a little while and will snap a few photos.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:08 PM
TECH Resident

Took a couple photos of my shifter:

Overall photo. The silver trigger hits the plastic up front. It makes it a little difficult to get in park. This could be easily fixed by raising the shifter a touch.

Side view to show how close it gets to the radio / HVAC bezel.

Overhead shot of what was cut (for the 4L80):

Shifter position in Low with the Powerglide. I don't think the console would necessarily need to get cut with proper shifter placement (I don't have that kind of patience).

Old 01-17-2017, 04:56 AM
Teching In

Awesome. You provide alot of detail in you post. I appreciate that. I am starting my build now. Starting with the rear end and suspension. My cousin is trying to figure out the engine and trans combo. I would eventually like twin turbo. Maybe a good 3 year project but it will be fun.
Old 01-17-2017, 08:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn, I wish they would have offered me some screech and dent stuff!
Old 01-17-2017, 08:46 AM
TECH Resident

Awesome. You provide alot of detail in you post. I appreciate that. I am starting my build now. Starting with the rear end and suspension. My cousin is trying to figure out the engine and trans combo. I would eventually like twin turbo. Maybe a good 3 year project but it will be fun.
No problem. I feel that is what the forums and Online discussions are all about. I try to keep it as detailed as possible to help others, as well to show that typically these are a maintenance nightmare and things don't go as planned.

I don't care for the guys that hide large details and keep stuff hidden. It doesn't show what is really going on with the cars, builds, as well as help for troubleshooting / builds for others. There are too many Internet heroes out there that keep things hidden.

Needless to say, I think grudge racing is the dumbest thing around.

Originally Posted by lmt0705
Damn, I wish they would have offered me some screech and dent stuff!
They offer a sale about once a year. I had ran across it on Facebook. I called a few minutes before they opened to see what they had available. I was planning to only order fronts, but decided to change all 4 corners after calling. Figure these should last a while.
Old 02-02-2017, 10:22 PM
TECH Resident

Small photo updates.

Received my front coilover springs the other day and the brackets for the front and rear to mount these with the clevis style mounts.

Also received word that my Siemens 220's were shipped today and should arrive on Tuesday. Will be switching from the Holley 160's to the Siemens 220's.

Couple more months until Spring. Tentatively planning for NHRA Chassis Certification on April 9th and hopefully the first track outing on April 29th.

Last edited by Only ERO's; 05-14-2017 at 02:58 PM.
Old 02-03-2017, 06:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you 8.50 cert?
Old 02-03-2017, 08:29 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by lmt0705
Are you 8.50 cert?
Yes, 8.50 cert and no plans to change that.
Old 02-03-2017, 09:52 AM
Teching In

What is your rearend setup? And what is the specs on your weld rt s71bs? Do you know if you went with low, medium, high pad height on the wheels? And what rear brakes do you have?
Old 02-03-2017, 10:16 AM
TECH Resident

What is your rearend setup? And what is the specs on your weld rt s71bs? Do you know if you went with low, medium, high pad height on the wheels? And what rear brakes do you have?
Rearend is a Midwest Chassis Fabricated 9". Stock width, backbraced. Moser Wavetrack diff with Strange Pro Nodular Iron case, 3 channels ABS mod (for when I ran factory wheels, I don't anymore), chromoly yoke, 35 spline axles with 5/8" studs, 3.25 gear, transverse shock relocations, Midwest Chassis Anti-Roll bar, fill cap.

Wheels are Weld RT-S, black, 15x10 (7.5” BS), 15x4 (1.5” BS).

I am not 100% positive, but I remember being the medium pad height (which I believe were mostly built for 4th gen F-body). I think I have very minor shaving of the factory calipers to get them to fit. It was something strange like one side fit and the other side needed very slight touching up.

Rear brakes are Strange pro drag brakes. I believe the part number is B1718WC.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:23 AM
Teching In

Thank you. I am in the process of getting a rear end and wheels right now. I keep reading your thread as inspiration.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:27 AM
TECH Resident

Thank you. I am in the process of getting a rear end and wheels right now. I keep reading your thread as inspiration.
I would highly recommend spending the money and doing it right the first time. Really consider all of the options up front. I forgot that I had tow hooks made after the fact and bolted on. Simple things like that. It really simplifies tying the car to the trailer. Best money spent.

I would also recommend narrowing the rear if you don't plan to run factory wheels. There is weight to be lost there. You also could end up running a double beadlocked wheel if would like. The look of the wheels is also much better with the dish.

I would highly recommend the Strange S-trac differential as well. If it was available when I bought mine, I would have gone with it. It is a big hit to the pocketbook, but worth every penny. A couple buddies bought it and absolutely love it.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:35 AM
Teching In

I looked at all the midwest chassis stuff. I Like it. I am building the whole car little by little. I am trying to over build the rear, suspension and brakes right now. To grow into it. I wanted to narrow the rear 3 inches a side and do a 5.5 bs on the weld wheels. It is funny when I bought my car 2 months ago I stopped at my cousins shop on my way to Illinois and he asked what i wanted to do to my car and I sat him down and pulled up this thread and told him to keep reading. I have learned alot from this thread and I keep rereading it. Hope you can make Pontiac Nationals at Norwalk this year. Would love to see your car in person. I will probly have a bunch more questions in the future. Thanks again
Old 02-03-2017, 10:39 AM
TECH Resident

I looked at all the midwest chassis stuff. I Like it. I am building the whole car little by little. I am trying to over build the rear, suspension and brakes right now. To grow into it. I wanted to narrow the rear 3 inches a side and do a 5.5 bs on the weld wheels. It is funny when I bought my car 2 months ago I stopped at my cousins shop on my way to Illinois and he asked what i wanted to do to my car and I sat him down and pulled up this thread and told him to keep reading. I have learned alot from this thread and I keep rereading it. Hope you can make Pontiac Nationals at Norwalk this year. Would love to see your car in person. I will probly have a bunch more questions in the future. Thanks again
The Midwest Chassis stuff is nice. I am guessing I have ordered from them at least 10 times now. They have gotten a lot of money from me.

Keep firing away on the questions. That is what I have the thread for. The interaction is good.

Will have to see what summer brings.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:03 AM
Teching In

I will. Would you rather pms or in the thread. I dont want to clutter your thread with my questions. How did you like the vi king shocks?
Old 02-03-2017, 11:06 AM
TECH Resident

I will. Would you rather pms or in the thread. I dont want to clutter your thread with my questions. How did you like the vi king shocks?
Either way works for me. I will respond to both.

I was very impressed with the Viking shocks. The only reason I went away from them is looking for some different valving and help with the launches. I was considering upgrading the front Warriors to Crusaders, but the price I got on the Menscers, I couldn't look back. Very solid pieces for the price. And the best part, they are manufactured about 70 miles from my house.
Old 02-07-2017, 08:22 PM
TECH Resident

Another small piece to the puzzle for this year. Received my Siemens 220 low impedance injectors. Going to switch from the Holley 160's to give me a little more room.

Probably looking at starting to install some of these components within the next two weeks. Not sure if I want to take the cover off the car or not!!

Last edited by Only ERO's; 05-14-2017 at 02:59 PM.
Old 03-05-2017, 08:11 PM
TECH Resident

Starting to have a little bit of spring fever. Figured it was time to get the car ready for Spring. Pulled out the seat belts and going to send the belts and window net in for recertification.

Swapped the Holley 160's for the new Siemens 220lb injectors. Only keyed the car on tonight to check for fuel leaks. Need to update the tune with the new injector data and fire the car. Will probably happen tomorrow night.

Also swapped the Viking coilovers for the new Menscer Motorsports coilovers. Swapped the factory mounts the tops of both the front and back for clevis mounts. Didn't have my spanner wrenches to adjust ride height. Will be working on that tomorrow night as well. Should have photos at that time of the new setup.

Put together a for sale ad for both the Vikings and the injectors (see for sale section). Hopefully more to come soon. Can't wait for Spring.
Old 03-05-2017, 08:47 PM
TECH Resident

Injectors SOLD. That is how I like business to work!

Quick Reply: SOM LAG Project: 394ci, 25.3, Twin PT7675 Gen 2's, PG, E85, 7-second Street Car