SOM LAG Project: 394ci, 25.3, Twin PT7675 Gen 2's, PG, E85, 7-second Street Car

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 08:50 AM
8 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Only ERO's
Teaser Underhood Shot:

Originally Posted by Jefro6996
Are you running a standard T3 housing or the T3 v-band housing?
First picture in the thread
Old 12-30-2013, 09:11 AM
TECH Resident

Received 69 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002camaroSS
Looks good josh, glad to see you got it back.
Thanks Patrick. Get to work on your foxbody.

Originally Posted by Jefro6996
Are you running a standard T3 housing or the T3 v-band housing?
It is the standard T3 housing.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:19 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Car/build looks good.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:48 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its amazing to finally see whee my old 417 twin turbo kit finally went!!! Car looks perfect. I ran a 9.82 at 138 before I installed the 6766 turbos. I was on 9.5 psi. My wife will be excited to see where it went when she gets off work
Old 12-30-2013, 09:50 AM
9 Second Club

Had twin super T40 turbos when I got it from fritz...I have vids of this kit on youtube. Look up scidav87.
Old 12-30-2013, 01:56 PM
TECH Resident

Received 79 Likes on 68 Posts

Was the converter locked for the dyno runs? Looks like the car way making more torque even on the lower power pulls so that might point to something other than the exhaust housings. Hard to say, but its a sweet ride.
Old 12-30-2013, 03:23 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by skinnies
Car/build looks good.
Thank you. Can't wait to see the updates to the Mustang and what it does next year.

Originally Posted by scidav87
Its amazing to finally see whee my old 417 twin turbo kit finally went!!! Car looks perfect. I ran a 9.82 at 138 before I installed the 6766 turbos. I was on 9.5 psi. My wife will be excited to see where it went when she gets off work
Thank you. I can't wait to get it to the track, or the street for that matter!

Originally Posted by slowride
Was the converter locked for the dyno runs? Looks like the car way making more torque even on the lower power pulls so that might point to something other than the exhaust housings. Hard to say, but its a sweet ride.
Converter was unlocked on the runs that were posted. Thank you for the good words.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:07 PM
9 Second Club

Old 01-01-2014, 04:40 PM
TECH Resident

Fitz was definitely getting it done with a 6 speed.

I talked to Midwest Chassis yesterday and have some new parts coming my way.

I have a set of Viking Front and Rear Double Adjustable Coilover Shocks coming. I went with the 350 spring rate on the front.

I also ordered Midwest Chassis Front Upper and Lower A-arms. Powdercoated black.

Finally, I figured I better get some stopping power. I ordered Rear Strange Pro Race Brakes.

We replumbed the wastegates yesterday and cleaned that up. I sent off my electric cutout to get fixed (it was froze shut). Pulled off the Zeitronix A/F meter to get sent it for an upgrade. Been working with the vendor to send the Eboost2 in to get fixed.

Some other future things: Was briefly looking at the exhaust and some options to change that. I was also looking to how easy / difficult it would be to switch the T4's. Been looking at different options to get some hard tubing for the Turbo air filters. Will definitely have some work for the car in January. Just waiting for parts now.
Old 01-01-2014, 04:53 PM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fitz was definitely getting it done with a 6 speed.

I talked to Midwest Chassis yesterday and have some new parts coming my way.

I have a set of Viking Front and Rear Double Adjustable Coilover Shocks coming. I went with the 350 spring rate on the front.

I also ordered Midwest Chassis Front Upper and Lower A-arms. Powdercoated black.
Awesome man. I think your going to be really happy with the Vikings
Old 01-01-2014, 08:15 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice wright-up/build!!

Why didn't you stand the radiator up for more room?
Old 01-01-2014, 09:30 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Camaro9969
Awesome man. I think your going to be really happy with the Vikings
It will be nice to have the coilovers. I have had bad luck with the AFCO's holding up. I sent one of the shocks in once to be rebuilt and I think there is still something wrong with it. The damn thing has a clicking sound to it.

Originally Posted by (SS)
Nice wright-up/build!!

Why didn't you stand the radiator up for more room?
Thank you.

The kit has a horizontally mounted intercooler up front. The charge pipe from the intercooler to the intake runs right through the radiator support. If I were to stand up the radiator, the only place for the charge pipe would be through the hood latch area. I wasn't giving that up.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice build, very clean.. I noticed your running OEM plug wires.. I'd advise upgrading those for easy power and better tuning. I bet a set of FireCore50 plug wires would pick up 40-50rwhp easily in the upper rpm's. Take off a stock plug wire and Ohm it out, its not pretty usually.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:10 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by djfury05
Nice build, very clean.. I noticed your running OEM plug wires.. I'd advise upgrading those for easy power and better tuning. I bet a set of FireCore50 plug wires would pick up 40-50rwhp easily in the upper rpm's. Take off a stock plug wire and Ohm it out, its not pretty usually.
We have used oem wires on lots of cars with big power without issue as long as they aren't old/bad. Can you post your back to back real data on the firecores gaining that much power on something this low powered?
Old 01-02-2014, 07:26 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by djfury05
Good catch in the write-up. That is actually an error. I updated it to the MSD 8.5 wires.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 583 Likes on 461 Posts

LMAO it the pile of money pic. You normally only see that on YouTube when "brothers" have there pants at three knees and flashing a roll of money trying to look cool/rich. Roflmao

OK. on a serious note. It looks like 417 does REAL nice work. Congrats on the results !!!
Old 01-02-2014, 04:50 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Jimbo1367
LMAO it the pile of money pic. You normally only see that on YouTube when "brothers" have there pants at three knees and flashing a roll of money trying to look cool/rich. Roflmao

OK. on a serious note. It looks like 417 does REAL nice work. Congrats on the results !!!
I threw those in there for some entertainment purposes, but they were directly related to my build. I am the complete opposite from the "brothas" in those videos! I built my project with cash. It makes me sick how many builds are done with credit! It's a shame. Speaking of finances: I would always be willing to entertain sponsorships!

I am the third owner of the kit. I have talked to 417 Motorsports at the LSX Shootout a couple of years back. Their stuff is awesome. Blake is a true innovator. His project/work that comes out of his shop is amazing.

Black 408 TT Nova
This kit
The T4 kit in the orange formula
The duramax nova
The Crusty Nova
Holley Hi Ram A/W Intercooler (really wished this fit cleanly in a F-body)

His fabrication skills are insane. It is always a treat to see his finished products, and his stuff flat out works!

Last edited by Only ERO's; 01-02-2014 at 04:57 PM.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:21 AM
8 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Speaking of finances: I would always be willing to entertain sponsorships!
Would be nice if you could get MAPerformance to bend you up some true duals... then you could put their sticker on your car since you love stickers!
Old 01-03-2014, 12:52 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Slow94Formula
Would be nice if you could get MAPerformance to bend you up some true duals... then you could put their sticker on your car since you love stickers!
I would gladly entertain an offer.

Bought some additional parts this morning. Precision was running a special on remanufactured wastegates. I bought two PW39 wastegates. "These particular units have been used on vehicles for testing, but have been completely remanufactured in-house to like-new condition." I thought I would give them a shot for $105 off normal pricing each.

I was planning to update the wastegates and BOV at some point (they are currently a knockoff brand). Wasn't hoping for it to be this soon as it seems like you run into the specials at the worst times.

Eboost2 boost controller head unit will get shipped out today as well to get looked at / fixed.

I have Spring fever, especially with the forecast on Monday: High of -14 with 23 mph winds. Awesome.....
Old 01-03-2014, 09:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by skinnies
We have used oem wires on lots of cars with big power without issue as long as they aren't old/bad. Can you post your back to back real data on the firecores gaining that much power on something this low powered?
No I don't have any personally. I've been through quite a few threads on YB documenting other's successes with them and results shown thru trap speed gains etc.

I mentioned them because he spent money on all the other high dollar parts and seemed to overlook something simple. Not everyone wants to do junkyard builds...

Quick Reply: SOM LAG Project: 394ci, 25.3, Twin PT7675 Gen 2's, PG, E85, 7-second Street Car