Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 11:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Didn't get a picture of the block but it had to be decked .0014 due to meltdown
Old 03-19-2017, 04:05 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I promise you it wasn't 0.0014". Maybe 0.014".
Old 04-25-2017, 03:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hardbodeez
Well if they crack that means the Huron Speed manifolds/headers will crack as well, since they are China metal.
I doubt it, they are heavy bitches.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The headers are quite the point of contention on the thread....its comical. Hell you could build a fence pipe hotside, PVC for coldside and run 7's and some keyboard badass will say" well, yeah but if you used a store bought kit you would run 6's". **** the haters, most of which have never built anything. The fact that you got screwed over and learned to TIG weld yourself is reason enough that you have made the correct decision. That skill has put food on my table for a long time, and I learned out of a necessity just like you. I think the car is awesome, and moreover your wife is awesome for supporting you man. So you melted down a motor, who cares....Denmah does that **** on a monthly basis and we ALL have learned from him. Keep us updated.
Old 04-25-2017, 08:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sschoeffler
No. I didn't just "wait" 3 years. I paid someone to do a turbo kit. He had my car for 6 months and screwed me over on price. Our agreement was no more than $2000. $1000 for the hotside and I provide the headers. $1000 correct the coldside. I provide all material. After 6 months he said the car was done then he demanded $4700 and said he didnt work for free and said if i didnt come up with the money within 30 days he was putting a lien on my car and it would become his.Then when I got it back in had realized nothing lined up once I tightened the headers up. I was pissed off, he ruined a bunch of material and royally fucked me over with no vasoline. The car sat for a while until I found Mike Tate to take the project over. Everything but the headers had to be re-done. He does great work, just super slow. Towards the end of our relationship, he had the car for nearly a year, I was pushing hard to get it done. He got into a hurry and got sloppy. Things not welded up, O2 bungs being placed before the turbo, cold side not lining up, tack welds that forgot to get completed, etc etc. He brought the car back to me, I paid him for half the job. We haven't talked since. So then I bought a tig welder, taught myself to get **** done and that's why you guys have seen a lot of progress lately. My welds are no where near as pretty as Mike's but it will work.
Here's a picture of what the first guy did. It's not horrible until you tighten the headers up and nothing lines up.
Yeah that was much better than buying a kit that fits right away lol.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:26 PM
TECH Resident

Old 04-28-2017, 03:14 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Drewstein
Yeah that was much better than buying a kit that fits right away lol.
So what. At least he's learning to do something on his own.
Old 04-28-2017, 10:40 AM
TECH Resident

The photo is what the car put down yesterday. Through 4L80e and 9"
Old 04-28-2017, 03:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Great job man. Glad the car is back on the road again.
Old 04-28-2017, 07:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Game ova
So what. At least he's learning to do something on his own.
I'll always give props to those that have the time and patience for that but are you really doing it on your own when you're still paying someone to weld everything up? Where do you draw the line.

When you come on a forum with the hubris of "They said it couldn't be done" and then pay someone and screw the build up like you're proving something, expect to be called on it.

My Huron kit took much less time and made over 1k at the tire lol.
Old 04-28-2017, 09:06 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Drewstein
I'll always give props to those that have the time and patience for that but are you really doing it on your own when you're still paying someone to weld everything up? Where do you draw the line.

When you come on a forum with the hubris of "They said it couldn't be done" and then pay someone and screw the build up like you're proving something, expect to be called on it.

My Huron kit took much less time and made over 1k at the tire lol.
Does your Huron kit look like this?
Name:  20170328_182445.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  221.2 KB

Does your Huron kit keep A/C?

If someone did all the fabricating then I wouldn't have had to buy a tig welder to redo some of the parts and finish the build.

The car and kit are more than capable of making over 1200 horsepower, it's only running 17.8lbs of boost. Think about it. Almost 900 horsepower and over 700ft ls torque on 17.8lbs with twin S366. You really think that's all she has? I have plans for the hot rod power tour. I don't feel like blowing the car up over a dick measuring contest. It's a street car, not a drag car and if you have the horsepower you say you have then you know it's pointless to have that much on the street.
Old 04-30-2017, 09:15 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Nice looking set up!!
95 Pontiac Formula- Stock engine with ATI Procharger, Moser 12 bolt w/4:30 gears, Rossler trans, Neil Chance 4000 stall, M/T ET streets, 10.914@ 121.90mph, 1.452 60ft. GMHTP November 2010 Feature Car. Check it out at:
https://www.motortrend.com/features/...ebird-formula/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abZ1z...ature=youtu.be

Quick Reply: They said it couldn't be done....