Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

2000 Mustang GT 347", single 88mm True street style Ride..

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2014, 08:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2000 Mustang GT 347", single 88mm True street style Ride..

Well my photobucket got screwed up some how and i lost all my prior photos, so there was couple pages of nothing.

basic run down

2000 Mustang GT
347" LS motor, Callies rods, diamond pistons, arp, yada yada
CRT88 Turbo from Chris @ CRT
twin JGS wastegates from LilJohn
Powerglide trans with TSI converter, will move to PTC in spring
8.8 Rear that i'll be doing some DIY bracing too with relocated Qa1 coilovers courtesy of Team Z coilover mounts
Holley Dominator
Edlebrock ProFlo with Dual injectors, Eventually will try a "true Dual fuel"
for now just E85
Yada Yada

As far as looks, cobra crap and picking up the MIA rear wing..

So i just got my Turbo From Chris at CRT Its an 88mm Garret Compressor on a S400 chassis 96 turbine, etc.

Here is the basic plan, at the moment the Engine, trans, drivetrain is in and ready, full system is plumbed, all thats left is to build the new kit, mount the radiator and my single least favorite item, wires... Then when Team Z releases there 8.50 cage i'll buy that and install it....

Drip tank for the turbo and a turbwerx exa to return the oil if needed...

basic goal, to be able to run mid 8s and drive her home...

I was able to utilize my old divided flange from my last mustang, just had to cut one side off and turn it 90* to fit on this kit, also, my old downpipe fit too, so score, less work for me. Also, instead of buying a bunch of new piping, and i was in a hurry, i chopped up my last two kits and used a couple pieces i had lying around to make this thing. Im in a hurry, lol

At this point, i've gotta figure out how im gonna hang my radiator and start wiring. everything else is done for the most part. It should be running soon.

Old 01-26-2014, 12:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Finally doing a Phil style build! YES! I love it Jax! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE finish this one!!
Old 01-26-2014, 12:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Im trying to talk my buddy into doing a build like this. But he is hard headed and wont listen.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wait wtf happened to the tt build?
Old 01-26-2014, 07:04 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 95bowtie
Wait wtf happened to the tt build?
^ this
Old 01-26-2014, 07:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no more twins?
Old 01-27-2014, 06:57 AM
TECH Veteran

Lol guys. Yes, I sold the twins to a local guy here so i could do some class racing if i want here and there. Im picking up a S476r at tax time so that i can have it for that as well.

Plus, I've always been a fan of singles, i started down the twins route because i wanted to try something new, and thought its what i wanted, but i guess im just a single turbo lover.

Oh well. I did get the interior put back together. Feels nice to have a car im going to drive that the interior is all there, the radio works, all the factory buttons and switches work. oh yeah! No more tin can.

Last edited by JAX04; 05-05-2014 at 07:19 PM.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:00 AM
TECH Veteran

Defyant, did you ever see that red mustang i did for a summer? That one was almost exactly like this, only this one is SO MUCH nicer. Hell that down pipe and t6 flange you see in these pics is from that last build lol. I didnt feel like spending more money I'll see if i can find something as far as a pic of the last car.

Like i said, this new car and build is so much nicer then that one. That was just an S475, stock bottom 5.3, and a run down v6 mustang.

Last edited by JAX04; 01-27-2014 at 07:06 AM.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

That mustang was bad ***. Wish you had videos of it making some blasts
Old 01-27-2014, 06:57 PM
TECH Veteran

I've got one go-pro video of a quick cruise around the area with a buddy before he left for Afghanistan... But it's really nothing special, just a couple quick run ups and the tires would break loose in that car without effort so i never got crazy on that run... Im really not sure why i ever gave that car up...

Although, im very happy with the overall condition of this car and the looks are so much better. I've got high hopes for this one and for Defyant, i will finish this car. For sure. Its nearly done now... Then its just on to minor upgrades as time and goals progress...
Old 02-01-2014, 07:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Well... I did now get my radiator mount finish welded. Mocked up the Cobra bumper to check it out. I love this bumper...
Got the intake work finished, fuel rail brackets for the lower rails and put the gaskets in, getting ready to bolt this sucker down for the last time tomorrow. need to fill a couple holes in the valley plate since i wont be running my vents there now. doing valve covers only...

Getting real close.

I'll order the scavenge pump, and stuff to make my radiator hoses next week, i cant really think of anything else i need to get her going...

Here it is with the bumper on, im also ordering a Mach1 style chin spoiler for the cobra bumper and have been thinking strongly about getting the car wrapped... was thinking a satin white of some kind leaving the side skirts and chin spoiler and maybe even the cobra spoiler in black... Im gonna have a photoshop friend of mine do up a couple options...

Old 02-02-2014, 03:05 AM
TECH Regular

Nice man, will be a good lookin ride when all is said and done.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Alrighty, update time! WOOT!

Decided to buy a new welding hood since i was getting serious about welding, was using a harbor freight deal, 100 bucks or whatever, tired of being flashed and blinded from that piece of **** so dropped some cash on a real hood. Miller Digital Elite and let me tell you! HOLY ****! What a difference the hood makes, its hands down the best investment i've made in the tools department! Wow. Seeing is believing, and you can SEE EVERYTHING clear as day with this hood...

Got a bunch of pipe, fittings, couplers, and other jazz in over the last week and hit the garage last night and tonight and got the charge pipe done, minus blow off valve, got the radiator lines done, just need a couple more clamps to finish them off. Also, built a mount that registers off of the hvac control panel mounts to hold my Dell Latitude Tablet that will be used in conjunction with the Holley. Have the Rad Surge Tank, and overflow can to mount and plumb also got my catch can, Ordered a Converter from Lane at PTC, I gotta admit, i do like that he asks a **** ton of questions when doing the converter. Im pretty excited to get that in...

here are a few pics of what i got accomplished today.

Old 03-08-2014, 08:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when will this beast roar?
Old 03-08-2014, 08:17 PM
On The Tree

what k member did you use? And what motor mounts?
Old 03-09-2014, 08:04 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 71 chevy
when will this beast roar?
By my best estimation, 2 weeks or less...

Originally Posted by fengstang
what k member did you use? And what motor mounts?
AJE with there mounts, had them put solid aluminum bushings in the kmember so its a solid mount do-dad

As far as updates go guys, I spent yesterday finish welding a few small items and got the new ARP headstuds installed along with Morel Link bar lifters. I put some silicone copper jazz on the manifolds,i dont intend to take them back off.

Installed new plugs, new water pump, put gaskets in the intake, basically... Im getting ready to fire it up. Buttoning up some wires and will be putting the new PTC stall in today and running the trans cooler .... So, just a couple more weeks away i think.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Little update.

Decided to start doing the thing i hate the most. Albeit, this was batch fire on the top injectors, i probably would've rather it have been individual, ohwell, here is how the night started. I started laying it out on top making sure id have enough room to tuck it under later. the new injector harness is done and ready to be powered, i terminated it at the ecm plug, so it just needs plugged in and powered. I'll hook the power to a switched 12v power block with dedicated fused power like most of you do with swaps. Every connection/splice was soldered and shrink wrapped.

Thinking i should be able to fire it up this weekend, as long as i can keep getting in the garage this week.

Old 03-25-2014, 07:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Got a little bit accomplished tonight, installed the steam vent dodads from some place that Blake wrote about in thread. Also started building this.

I know im not some uber awesome fantastic fabricator, but im getting better.

I took the turbo drain flange and welded a piece of 1"x.065 tubing to it, the took a piece of 3" and welded this into that. Im a firm believer in the fact these scavenge tanks need to be vented, so i welded a -6 bung to the top, i'll run that somewhere, was thinking the catch can might be a good place. yes, its crooked, i angled it to allow the oil to flow toward the pump inlet fitting. Just gotta weld some end caps on now and mount it up.

Oddly enough, i started out doing pretty good on the tig, then just kind of went to **** toward the end, lol Not sure why haha.

Old 03-26-2014, 09:40 AM
10 Second Club

Looks good
Old 03-26-2014, 09:54 AM
10 Second Club

When doing a swap like this how do you get all the ford gauges to work with the gm stuff?

Quick Reply: 2000 Mustang GT 347", single 88mm True street style Ride..