Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

head and fuel input requested for new build - supercharged 2003 Z06

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 08:10 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default head and fuel input requested for new build - supercharged 2003 Z06

I have a 2003 Z06 and an East Coast Supercharging SL1500 kit (Paxton 1500 head unit). I planned to keep it N/A for the time being so I did a head/cam swap last fall but it still wasn't enough and I wanted more oomph after selling my turbo Camaro.

The setup currently consists of 62cc PRC 225 as cast heads and a TSP MS3 cam. I calculated my compression ratio to be just a hair over 10.8:1, which is about the stock LS2 compression ratio. I know people slap blowers on stock LS2/LS3's all the time and keep the boost relatively low and it works fine but wanting some opinions here.

I am going to go with a custom spec'd cam whether I keep these heads or maybe swap out for a set of 317 casting heads so assume the cam will be ideal for either setup. I do not want to use E85 this time around, I did on my Camaro and it was fun but there is only 1 station nearby and I don't want to plot out E85 stations if I want to take the car over a 100 mile radius of my house.

I also do not plan to swap out the short block at this time, so it'll be the stock LS6 short block with ported LS6 oil pump and LS2 timing chain. At this point I figure my options are leave the TSP heads on, keep the boost lower and/or run a methanol injection setup. Or swap the heads out to some 317's and get away with straight pump gas. Not having to deal with the complexity or additional point of failure of a methanol injection kit is attractive to me but I figure the car will be a little more fun out of boost with the higher compression ratio.

Power goals are roughly 600 RWHP, maybe a little more. I know I probably have less room for error not running E85. The car made ~450 RWHP with these heads, so I don't think it'll take much boost to hit my goal either. The PRC heads do have a thicker head deck as well.

Thoughts? Thanks!

Last edited by evo462; 01-27-2014 at 08:44 AM.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:28 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick Reply: head and fuel input requested for new build - supercharged 2003 Z06