Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

LSA intercooler

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 07:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LSA intercooler

I am doing aLSA install in *** chev. Does anyone have a good idea for the intercooler and what is the ideal temperature for the water. Most likely I will have to run a fancooled radiator under the car as I will not have enough room in front of the radiator and air conditioner.

Also ,what type of in tank fuel pump is best?
Old 02-18-2014, 10:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Generally get the I/C water as cold as possible, with a heat exchanger, the best you could hope for is ambient. Use a good pump and keep tight bends or line restrictions to a minimum. Put the heat exchanger up front. Move the rad/ condensor reward to gain some room

I like the bosch or TI 430 lph in tank pumps. Quiet, inexpensive , OE quality.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Make the HE as big as you can fit and with good access to cool air. You could also run multiple HEs if you really want to keep things cool!

However you have to note that the water to air system has two points of heat transfer. You can make the HE as big as you like but if the charge-cooler is too small it won’t be able to pull heat out of the intake air.

Also worth looking at the fittings and seeing if you can fit larger ones. Kurt Urban has a great thread on here about a Whipple setup he is doing. In that Kurt found that fitting larger fittings REALLY helped in getting sufficient water flow through the core to get the target air temps.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

The heat exchanger really needs to be up front. Also, try running as large of a water tank as you can.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:24 AM
Truck Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What 55 does not have huge room in the font end. ?
If your gong with a/a the HX can be very thin but needs to have massive surface area.

Got any pics?

Quick Reply: LSA intercooler