Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Now for something different and then a question...

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 06:30 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Now for something different and then a question...

This should be fun...

A buddy and I are waiting to hear back on whether or not we scored a 190" FED dragster...

If we do get it...The engine combo will be a bit different do to the class we will be running not allowing EFI and the need to be a bit nostalgic in the looks department...

This is a combo that has rolled around in my warped head for a bit.

If any of you are familiar with the Mallicoat Brothers ****** and the dual carbed draw thru twin turbo 327 that they ran...

Well ours will be a more modern version of that.

The plan is to throw a L33 with twin china t76's sucking thru a pair of holley's on the top half of a old sbc tunnel ram with a home built lower half that the compressor inlet tubing of the turbo's will connect to.

The compressor outlet tubing will be Y together just before the intake flange on the Edelbrock victor intake.

The reason we are going with a draw thru instead of a blow thru arrangement are several...

First it will look more era correct, no need for a blow thru carb, the atomized fuel going thru the turbo really helps lower the discharge temps. (Even more so with the methanol or e85 we plan on using)

And most important...It just tickles my fancy for the odd and different. (Also it does help that I have some experience with it in a long ago wasted youth..)

We plan on filling both the block and heads and running it dry, since pushing water under the rear tires makes for WAY to interesting of a run...(Been there done that got the hat...lol)

Which brings me to my question...

I have a lot of experience running a dry block on Methanol but not sure if it is possible to do it on e85...

Since we have e85 available in my current area we would like to try running it.

So...The question of the day is...Anybody have any experience or heard of anybody using e-85 in a dry block application ?
Old 03-21-2014, 08:17 PM
Launching!

Just found a cool old Hot Rod article on the Mallicoat Brothers ******...

Those boys were ahead of their time.

http://wildaboutcarsonline.com/membe...Gasser_1-4.pdf
Old 03-22-2014, 01:23 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I really hope this comes to fruition. Document it here cause I'd like to see.
Old 03-31-2014, 02:46 AM
Launching!

Well bummer...Looks like the deal fell through on the rail.

He has decided to keep it.

Quick Reply: Now for something different and then a question...