Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Going from Whine to Whistle/Whoosh

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 06:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Going from Whine to Whistle/Whoosh

After a valve train issue and while the motor is apart, I've decided to sell the Maggie & all it's set up components and dive into the big pool with an F1A.
Overall plan is to pulley it up to about 19lbs. & wastegate it off at 14 lbs. The intention is to bring the torque curve in earlier while limiting overall boost on top. Goals are for an over the top street car 7XX/7XX on 93 pump gas w/meth.
Upgrading to the following:
Procharger F1A
Red BOV
80 lb. injectors
Cam: 229/240 .624 on 115 lsa
Front mount intercooler
Tial 46mm wastegate
Kooks 1 7/8 headers, true duals w/X pipe.
Mcloud RXT twin disc clutch

I could use some advise on the following:
Intake (probably Fast 102 ?)
Fuel rails
Pistons (I presently have Mahle, I want to drop compression from 11.2:1 down to about 9.1, 9.5:1)
Pulley size, for F1A head unit to get around 19lbs. (staying with ATI 7.65" crank)
Will I need an Astor bracket ? (Can an F1A system run 14 lbs without belt slip?)
Will I need larger cfm fans for cooling (stock radiator)
Will I need to cut out the front license plate area to help with cooling as well.

I'm not looking for a max effort track car ..... Just trying to feed my obsession with the "more is never enough" syndrome ..... So this should shut me up for a while.
Thanks in advance for the help and thanks to a few of you who have already given me some good advise via PM.

Quick Reply: Going from Whine to Whistle/Whoosh