Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Starting new build "67 chevellel", Debating between another F1A build or a Roots

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 11:10 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Starting new build "67 chevellel", Debating between another F1A build or a Roots

So i traded off my trans am for a 67 SS Chevelle. I am already trying o deiced how i want to build it. Basically building the car from the ground up. And i know i want another super charger. I wouldn't mind a turbo but i plant on building pro touring and want ac and the whole nine yards. And would like a little room to work on the car while under the hood. Other wise i would be considering a turbo And don't want a rear mount turbo.

So im left with a supercharge. I really enjoyed my f1a in my 01 ws6 And thinking i might want to go this route again or maybe even a slightly bigger pro charger. I think my main concern about the procharger is if i can find a way to get an inter cooler in there without destroying the beautiful car. With my trans am i loved the FMIC but with this car i want in hidden. I also love the sound of the open race valve witch im not sure i will get with a roots style. I am looking for around 800-1k hp on pump gas that has decent street manners. I am still open on what motor im going to put in since i do not have it. And will build it for the supercharger. For the transmission i came across on a good deal for an TCI 6 speed with a Precision Vigilante triple disk, and less then 1 mile driving on it. that has been upgraded from stock to handle 1000+ hp. Other then that im still open with what i build. And got some time before i start. So just checking what others feedback is.

Here is a picture of the car at the shop. Still at the shop getting a mini tub put in so i can get some 335s in the rear. Then ill be bringing her home.
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 04-23-2014, 07:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Stay with a centrifugal supercharger.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:51 AM
Launching!

Love the sound of a big whipple!

I'm also building a Protouring chevelle
Old 04-23-2014, 08:53 AM
On The Tree

You can always go with a nice Whipple kit. The 175 front feed could make that power and it wouldn't affect your ac. You would probably need meth to run pump gas while working the blower that hard. Or you can run a 4.0 Whipple and make that power on pump gas. That would make it easy to keep the accessories.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:02 AM
TECH Regular

Sooo, jealous... Chevelle is the coolest full frame cars GM ever built IMO....

I think it would be a little easier to make the kind of power you want with the ProCharger just because the heat management would be a little easier than the roots setting on top of the engine. Especially on long drives being a pro touring setup. That being said though, I believe the roots would keep the "chopping up" of the car to almost nothing. Or at least be a lot easier to avoid then the ProCharger.

If you get to where you're set on the ProCharger route. You can always do a A2W I/C in the engine bay, and not have to run all the A2A piping to the front. Since you'll have plenty of engine bay room.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:17 PM
9 Second Club

Procharger with A2W FTW, especially for protouring. Centrifugal will give more linear power response than with a whipple and less heat soak.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:58 PM
Banned

Thanks for the feedback all. Im really leaning towards another f1A or larger. I found a thread with someone that installed the same treadstone Inter cooler i had in my trans am in there 66 Chevelle. And looks like all they had to do was modify the radiator support. And looks pretty hidden. Im going to have to shoot him over a message. but his build is over at https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...ld-thread.html

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...518_140829.jpg

Old 04-23-2014, 10:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Can't really go wrong with either a Procharger or Whipple. I'm just envious of your ride and future build.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:09 AM
Banned

Thanks. I traded off a nice procharged ws6, For the car and some work.... Might of took a lost little.. But it was what i wanted. Well worth it in my eyes. Plus building the car is half the fun.
i fell in love with this Chevelle. Love the stance and the rims on on it.

Old 04-24-2014, 12:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by toytech93
Love the sound of a big whipple!

I'm also building a Protouring chevelle
Beautiful car!
Old 04-24-2014, 12:44 AM
On The Tree

Looking forward to your progress. Nothing better than a 67!
Old 04-24-2014, 06:36 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

The ProCharger Transplant kit would be a great way to go for your awesome looking '67. You have to use ProChargers alternator and power steering or power steering delete brackets with this kit, and a/c is not a problem. Send me an e-mail asking for a copy of the installation instructions, and I'll e-mail them back to you. brutespeed@gmail.com is my e-mail address. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 04-24-2014, 09:58 PM
Banned

Email sent. Thanks Bob.
Old 04-25-2014, 08:18 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by FlipediS
Email sent. Thanks Bob.
E-mail replied to, thanks Sean! Hang low until after the wedding! Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 06-04-2015, 08:56 PM

Default The wheels

What kind of rims are those those wheels are ridiculous I want a set for a 67 belair I'm starting on my next question is this a manual transmission also and what size is the rearend 10bolt?

QUOTE=FlipediS;18168862]Thanks. I traded off a nice procharged ws6, For the car and some work.... Might of took a lost little.. But it was what i wanted. Well worth it in my eyes. Plus building the car is half the fun.
i fell in love with this Chevelle. Love the stance and the rims on on it.

[/QUOTE]

Quick Reply: Starting new build "67 chevellel", Debating between another F1A build or a Roots