Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

AES 390** Billet 94mm** 4L80E** E85/Meth

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 04:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I made it to Kentucky. Time to get some **** done. Got several days so we will see. Wish me luck.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:11 AM
9 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Very nice build. What are you using for fuel line for use with E85?
Old 06-11-2014, 12:06 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ls1CANTU
Very nice build. What are you using for fuel line for use with E85?
Stangkillr highly recommended Aeroquip for the E85. I looked into it, and it was very high priced. Not that I could not afford it, but it just felt stupid. So I made some calls, and found pretty much the same product for much much less with Vibrant Performance. It even says for E85 on the box it comes in which is neat.

So far we have the intake pulled, injectors and rails off, all the exhaust is off, and we are going to be pulling the 10 bolt and fuel tank tonight and get the fuel plumbed in. I actually fired the thing right up and drove it around and to the shop. Pulled the plugs to switch for later. labeling all the screws ect....really taking the time. Looks like I will be able to fit this big *** turbo in the bay if i remove the fan shroud from the radiator. We were thinking that the shroud may actually restrict more air than it will allow through anyways.

Here are some pics of the new 9'' and turbo.

no wench. no battery. 2 men and some yabba dabba doo power.

50 lbs of awesome.

MWC fab 9.

K member spaced down for new ported Holley Intake.

Old 06-11-2014, 12:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thats a nice shirt you have on... Oh the turbo is bad *** too, keep fighting the good fight.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Gonna be a sick moving ride for sure.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been hiding under a rock for the past few months......glad I finally caught up on this. Good luck with the build. Should be a beast once completed.

In for progress!
Old 06-11-2014, 10:16 PM
TECH Addict

progress it is then. Did not get the fuel system completely in. We did get a good bit done though with a few issues. Got the exhaust out, and fuel lines out as well.

got this piece of garbage out of the car.

Was about to put this one in but I am missing some really important bolts for the control arms.. The stock ones wont fit through the new swivel/bushing. Who the hell knows what size they are ,and if I caneven find them way out here. Also the AFCO coilovers and ARB are not in the box. Still waiting on those I guess??? So now the rear is out. Considered drilling the bushings but I did not want to remove strength from them or do anything that would void a warranty I may or may not have. Going to have to drill the wheels to get them on the 5/8 studs but im cool with that. they are garbage. I couldnt give speedlines away.

Decided to go ahead and sump this tank (still need to leak check, letting silicone cure) so, cut a drain hole

3 inch hole saw.

clean off the shavings after making the hole

mark your holes and drill. put the flange in through the sump area with someone else on the other side is easiest. Tighten it up. we used a ton of silicone on the gasket,flange, sump surface. It looks great, but will it work......

tomorrow were going to mount the new pump, lines and fittings, get those up to the engine bay nice and secured, put the other sending unit in after pulling the pump out so i can use feed for a return, and hopefully i can get this 9 inch at least attached to the car instead of just teasing me. may wire up the manual trans box while its easy to get too.

thats about it for today.

Last edited by I8UR4RD; 06-11-2014 at 10:28 PM.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:12 AM
8 Second Club

I like that sump was considering trying it out on my car.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Camaro9969
I like that sump was considering trying it out on my car.
I had to take a grinder to one of the bolts so the fitting would clear, but other than that it passed the leak test. sprayed it with the hose to see if we could make it leak. dried her out and we got it strapped back in with the fill neck back in place. also put another sending unit I got off ebay in and pulled the pump out to use the feed for the return and float switch.

Got the 9 in. Found the bolts I needed. Torque arm and panhard are on as well. Just waiting on the Anti Roll to show up and the AFCOs and its done other than just setting it up to launch.

The wheels studs are thick as ****, and I could not get the wheels to fit, so we drilled them out and boom fit like a glove. Its nice to have some new lugnuts. My 12 year old ones were about shot.

Going to end up putting Weld V series on the car without a doubt with 275 pros.

Tomorrow we will run fuel lines from the rails after we put the intake on, try to get the afcos in. mount filters ect.....

after that I am outta here. Controller, pump bracket, dummy tip brackets will be up to the fab man himself. said he should be able to get the turbo in within a week or two. I am undecided on whether or not I should dive into the fuse box harness area. It is a nightmare over there. I really need some EFI because spending $800 on a custom harness right now just seems dumb when I know I will get a dominator or Haltech system between oct-feb.
Old 06-13-2014, 02:47 AM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Make the switch now if you can float it. Selling your harness and other stuff should help the cost.
Old 06-13-2014, 03:51 AM
11 Second Club

Looks good man. What's the problem with the fuse box? Are you referring to rewiring the car?
Old 06-15-2014, 03:55 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 98Camarod
Looks good man. What's the problem with the fuse box? Are you referring to rewiring the car?
I just hate the way the bay looks with all this fatass harness loom. I want to see almost nothing but motor. not a fan of wires. im a wire ****.

this should give you an idea.

however we did get some more done.

I got the midram back from powdercoating and porting. Lot of people hating on it. I dont really care. It looks great, and wont explode and there have been results that show benefits vs ls6. Good enough for me. I am not looking to turn 9000 rpm with this setup. Its about longevity and power. Pic is next to a high ram.

ported for the 237cc heads.

new 200lb injectors after I sold my I'Ds since they currently do not offer a stainless 1750

rear DA AFCO's which are missing the blue washers which came with the first set I bought. havent gotten them on due to that.

theres a good bit left to do, but nothing to complicated though.
Old 06-15-2014, 04:18 PM
11 Second Club

I moved my fuse boxes, but it took forever to extend all the wires.
Old 06-18-2014, 09:14 AM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Whoever did the port work on that manifold looks to of done a good job.

Is it ported all the way from the flange to the plenum?
Old 06-18-2014, 11:45 AM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks great!
Old 06-18-2014, 01:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joey, I would contact Brian Black and have him do you a harness, you're looking at $1-1500 but it would be worth it, his work is second to none.
Old 06-18-2014, 01:41 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Just get the damn car running and drive it before you start questioning and changing everything again.

You're worse than a woman.

For the record, I8UR4RD and I are close friends before anyone gets upset.
Old 06-18-2014, 01:44 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
Whoever did the port work on that manifold looks to of done a good job.

Is it ported all the way from the flange to the plenum?
Curious as well, and yes the port is pretty nice.

This build sure has changed quite a lot over the last few years
Old 06-18-2014, 05:55 PM
TECH Addict

Bob @ peak speed shop did the port work. he made sure not to scratch the new powdercoat. I dont think I will change anything else, I want a powerglide, but its not going to happen looks like.

yeah the build has changed, and its changed all its going to for this year. Next year will probably be a 427-440ci lsx-dart block is the only difference. way off next year. time for me to just do like Alchemist said and get it running.

as far as the harness situation BP Auto is a sponsor on the site, and a good friend of my tuner, and plenty of other people in Kentucky. He does great work, and said I could drop my car off and hed do it personally if I would give him time. So I will probably let him clean all that garbage up in the bay then go pick it up when hes done. Probably do that after Holley since I am sure he does not have the time to do it before hand. You wanna talk about one thing I dont like its wires. I am a plug and play guy. I simply dont have the patience. I hate wiring.
Old 06-20-2014, 01:14 PM
Banned

Looking like a nice build. I have a BP harness and its oem or better quality.

Quick Reply: AES 390** Billet 94mm** 4L80E** E85/Meth