Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Pistons for boost?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 11:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pistons for boost?

I'm building a 408ci and I have come to a little bit of a dilemma I'm ordering a rotating assembly from Texas speed and am not 100% on what pistons would be good I was originally looking at the diamond ibf 28cc pistons bit it seems like every build I read on here people are using wiesco pistons. I was just looking to get some of your guys thoughts on what would be good.

I have settled so far on a callies dragonslayer 4" crank and ultra h beam 6.125 rods the heads are trick flow Genx 255 and not 100% on the boost level but was thinking around 20psi or so once I get everything figured out and confident that it won't blow (at least right away) I'm shooting to brake in to the 1000hp range eventually

Thanks for the input!
Jesse
Old 06-22-2014, 12:43 AM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

For that power I would go with the gas ported pistons and tool steel pins. Either brand is fine and will do what you need. I am going for 1400 and went Wiseco gas ported and tool steel pistons. I got everything from LME.
Old 06-22-2014, 12:22 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It seems wiseco were the first to design/tweak the piston for the 4" stroke in the stock liners, I suspect that's why everyone uses them. This was quite a few years ago, I'm sure everyone's copied the design now so the Diamonds would be fine. If in doubt run the Wiseco's the mere fact that so many do should make you feel good about them.

Quick Reply: Pistons for boost?