Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Huron Speed *New* T6 Kit!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 09:31 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Default Huron Speed *New* T6 Kit!

Officially releasing our 98-02 F-body T6 Turbo Kit. We have been tweaking the kit a little over the past couple months and now have a few kits out on the market as well (I am sure those with them will chime in!) We will be offering this as a kit for you to simply order online and have it all shipped to our doorstep! From this picture we have since upgraded each Wastegate to a 44mm v-banded flange, added a joint in the crossover for easier installation, and beefed up the turbo support bracket doubling the thickness of material used! We initially offered T6 kits as a one-off, custom build per customers requests, but doing this one off, custom per every kit proved the price too high. With this we decided to develop one kit that seemed to fit the bill for most of our customer's requests and here is what we have come up with! The beauty of it all is not only being able to run a big T6 turbo without having to fabricate a kit yourself or pay the high price of custom fabrication, but this kit retains so many OEM accessories in comparison to many of our other builds making it very user friendly!

*Our new V2 Stainless Steel, Vbanded, extra thick .120 wall Manifolds that retain the OEM Alternator location

* 2.25” extra thick .120 wall Stainless Crossover with divided T6 flange, True divided crossover set-up with twin 44mm WG flanges (one per bank) and bungs for primary O2 sensors. Added joint to allow for easier installation. All piping stays ABOVE the oem sway bar as well!

* 5" - 4" Stainless 2-piece downpipe routed out the front bumper with a wideband O2 bung and plug. 2-piece connection with a v-band to allow easy installation of the exiting, fully polished tip.

*Turbo Support bracket that also doubles as the turbo oil drain for easy hook up.

*4" Thick Core intercooler with direct bolt on brackets

*Fully Polished 3” and 3.5" Cold side piping from Turbo to Intercooler and Intercooler to Throttle Body with 50mm BOV flange.

*All necessary couplers and clamps, only straight couplers are used in this kit to avoid any worries of blowing out elbow couplers! Entire hotside consists of all v-band connections

* Optional 1250+ HP Cold side upgrade available with larger FMIC, over 5” thick core, 3.5” inlet/outlet with 3.5” and 4” intercooler piping. ~ +$800 (upgrades will be paid for all in final payment)

*Stainless Steel Hex Head Bolt/Hardware Kit included!

*Kit requires: Stood up radiator with coolant hoses and fans to clear piping/turbo. A/C removal, and abs delete. Requires turbo, wastegates, BOV, and Oil lines as well to complete (all of which we can supply at final checkout from Borg Warner, Turbonetics, Precision, Turbosmart, etc)

*Kit RETAINS: OEM Alternator location, OEM Front Sway bar, OEM Power steering, and OEM or any aftermarket K-member!

The optional, upgraded FMIC:

Check it out on our website here: http://www.shop.huronspeedproducts.c...Kitdeposit.htm

And once again, just a cool list of the features we have incorporated over previous builds:

Included v-banded manifolds. Retain the OEM Alternator down low, retain the front sway bar, true divided hot side in 2.25" to increase spool time with a wastegate on each bank, most notably a turbo support brace which we uniquely made to double as a very simply hook up for the drain flange. All v-band connections and straight couplers only!

Any questions at all, please PM me direct or email to: huronspeedproducts@gmail.com

Jon

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed

Last edited by Superman09; 07-24-2014 at 08:29 PM.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:37 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks good, like always.
Old 07-18-2014, 10:40 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this kit looks so sweet, of course huron release an awesome T6 kit after i have half of my T4 stuff ready to go haha. well done guys, cant wait to see some results with this ****.
Old 07-18-2014, 11:24 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

we already have a small list of people with deposits waiting on this kit!

if you would like to be on the list shoot me a pm or email at Casey@huronspeed.com !

this kit will be capable of very big power numbers, especially with the new turbos that have come out in the last year or so, and the new huron speed intercooler!

we cant wait to get some of these out there and get some numbers back!

-Casey

YOUR SOURCE FOR ALL THINGS TURBO!
CASEY@HURONSPEED.COM
TWITTER @HURONSPEED
Old 07-18-2014, 11:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Once again great job Huron! Kit looks great
Old 07-18-2014, 12:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

Any full install pics? Im torn between your twin kit and this now
Old 07-18-2014, 12:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default downpipe

Will routing the downpipe through the k-member and out the rear be an option on this kit? That is the only thing that I'm really looking for, as out of the fender will not pass inspection.
Old 07-18-2014, 12:46 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ryans99ls1
Any full install pics? Im torn between your twin kit and this now
Yes, we will be posted some complete installed pics here shortly as well!

Old 07-18-2014, 12:48 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by schriefer
Will routing the downpipe through the k-member and out the rear be an option on this kit? That is the only thing that I'm really looking for, as out of the fender will not pass inspection.
No it will not. To fit a 4" through the K-member, we need to build it around one K-member. This means all customers will have to run the same K-member in the car, and many already have different k-members not wanting to have to switch again. You can always use our bumper exit down pipe as a good starting point. Get it on the car and yourself or a local fab/exhaust shop route it out the back for you based on the space and k-member in the car! This bumper exit option allows for the most user friendly set-up for a kit as you can run any K-member with it, and no extra additional or specific K-member is required.

Old 07-18-2014, 01:05 PM
Launching!

Stupid question, will there be any issue with interference if one has already relocated the alternator up?
Old 07-18-2014, 01:09 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by BlutVonSchwachen
Stupid question, will there be any issue with interference if one has already relocated the alternator up?
None at all! if you already have the alternator up high on the passenger side head, no issues! It can stay there or alternatively if you wish to use the factory brackets and put it back in the factory location you can do that with this kit!

Old 07-18-2014, 02:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The fit and finish of this kit is excellent! I'm currently waiting on the turbo to ship but I have test fitted what I have without an issue. One small detail I was extremely impressed with is the quality hardware that is included with the kit, something that sets Huron Speed apart from the rest!
Old 07-18-2014, 04:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Very nice as always. Lots of new build threads with these kits to come!
Old 07-18-2014, 04:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good kit for the guy that was looking to keep his front sway bar with a T6 setup.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:19 PM
Launching!

Was hoping for a GB but can't complain. Will be putting my deposit in shortly!
Old 07-18-2014, 05:09 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by BlutVonSchwachen
Was hoping for a GB but can't complain. Will be putting my deposit in shortly!
You won't be disappointed, thanks!

Old 07-18-2014, 05:32 PM
11 Second Club

Awesome setup man, very nice!!
And I see you make it available as whole kit or hotside only, thanks for looking out for us

If I may ask, the drain/support bracket. Obviously one side bolts to the turbo, but where does the other end of the brace hook to?
Old 07-18-2014, 05:37 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by V-10 Killer
Awesome setup man, very nice!!
And I see you make it available as whole kit or hotside only, thanks for looking out for us

If I may ask, the drain/support bracket. Obviously one side bolts to the turbo, but where does the other end of the brace hook to?
Lower bolt for the alternator bracket. If not running the OEM bracket, a simple spacer off this mounting point will work just fine!

Old 07-18-2014, 06:08 PM
11 Second Club

Whenever a pic becomes available, I'd love to see a "straight on" shot. I'm curious to see how the turbo positions left/right/up/down.

And again, congrats on a rockin kit!!
I look forward to seeing you sell a boatload of these too!
Old 07-18-2014, 06:37 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by V-10 Killer
Whenever a pic becomes available, I'd love to see a "straight on" shot. I'm curious to see how the turbo positions left/right/up/down.

And again, congrats on a rockin kit!!
I look forward to seeing you sell a boatload of these too!
thank you! I will have some pics up next week test fitting a Turbonetics Y2K unit. We have some Billet 88 - 101's coming in for stock

Quick Reply: Huron Speed *New* T6 Kit!