Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

help me drive my car- clutch issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 08:28 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help me drive my car- clutch issue

i know this is not turbo related, but lets be honest...most of the good info comes from this section and my car is turbo'd..lol.

few months ago i was out tuning my car where my slave cyl took a ****. fast forward to today, i replaced my master and my slave cylinder. now it seems to shift fine (have not done any wot pulls yet) and it instantly smokes the clutch. I had no issues like this before my hydraulic issues. is there anything that could be not adjusted properly or something that could have caused this? it happens under light load or wot. rpms just scream....

turbo l76
01 t56
new gm ls1 slave
new wilwood 7/8 master
ls2 flywheel
ls7 clutch.

please help!!!
thank you!
Old 07-27-2014, 08:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Before putting it back together you must check distances to be sure you have the clearances you need. For instance my setup required a shim between the trans and bell housing. My measurement showed me without the shim my throwout/slave bearing would be just touching the fingers. It would have been okay but as the clutch material wears your fingers move towards the throwout bearing and its like riding the clutch all the time. Maybe you had a shim behind the slave cylinder and now you don't need it?
Also if that master cylinder is adjustable you need to first start there. It doesn't take but 3/8" adjustment on that threaded rod end to make a big difference.
Old 07-27-2014, 02:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I had a similar issue with the Mcleod except it was slip on the dyno after a slave failure but not really on the street. It poured fluid all over the disk and it never recovered. I had to send it back to McLeod for a rebuild.
Old 07-27-2014, 05:07 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are the ls1 and l76 motors different dimensions? this didnt all start untill i swapped engines. everything else being the same. ls2 flywheel, ls7 clutch, 01 t56. just went from an 01 ls1 to a 08 l76

Quick Reply: help me drive my car- clutch issue