Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

What temps are you guys are seeing with the ATI coolers.

Old 08-06-2014, 12:48 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What temps are you guys are seeing with the ATI coolers.

What temps are you guys seeing at the intake at the higher boost levels with the stock ATI, 4.5 and 3.5 inch cores... I want to know around 11, 12, 13, 14 and above...

Make sure you say what core your are running...

I am interested, cause in a month or so, I will be maxing out the p1sc-1... 65k RPM at 6500 rpm... I am hoping to be in the 700 club, if not, I am spaying to do it..

I am also changing my pipe set up... I freaking hate all that rubber with the ati box on the pro-charger kits.. Its ok on 5 psi... But those rubber pipes expand, and rob boost...

I will be getting rid about half of it... How you ask?
Instead of running a parallel system, I will run the coolers in series. Run a hard pipe, under by the air dam, to connect the two coolers.. Get rid of all that rubber on the passenger side, and the funkiness with the pipes underneath the car.. Twist my blower up, and connect the passenger side cooler with a hard pipe, directly to the blower.

I also got a cast 3.5 inch elbow that will hook up to my mas air, and that will be hooking up, to the drivers side rubber pipes with the correct reducer, I will hook it up to the rubber that went into the ati box previously on the drivers side...

It will look great, about half way done doing it. Just waiting for the right piping and the couplers to finish. In time I will replace that rubber also with a custom hard pipe.. I will run my air temp sensor in the cast elbow, I will have a nut welded into it.

Really, half those pipes are useless and robs huge boost. I bet I pick up 2 pounds by doing this...

I will take pics when I am done...

So, I am curious what temps are you guys seeing in the higher boost levels?

Last edited by stage274; 08-06-2014 at 04:21 PM.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:23 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

im curious to see how you hook both together . Im running 10-11 lbs on the 3.5 procharger intercoolers with a p1sc1 with a 3.4 and a 7.25 sdce crank pulley revving to 6000.Driving around on the highway its usually a few degress above ambient . Get on it from 60 to 130 and it will usually go to the 125-140 range .
Old 08-06-2014, 01:02 PM
Launching!

Yeah thanks, I might have to run meth then, or maybe just maybe I can fit another inter-cooler under my air dam ... Look under your car, under the air dam... You can put a straight pipe there to connect the 2 coolers ..

And then you can remove the passenger side piping and the piping under the car...

Then from the blower to the passenger side again with a straight pipe...

You need 2 straight pipes to do it...

The problem is, finding all the right parts for the intake, the reducers, and elbows to fit it right, so you can attach to the piping on the drivers side... So you keep your driver side ati piping...
Old 08-06-2014, 05:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Here is what I did and found. I have the 4.5" intercoolers

Ambient Temps 87 F and humid as fk

Reverse mud flap
Highway temps = 96
Neighborhood cruise = 100

So I made some scoops to help the situation and I did some back to back testing

With Scoops
Highway temps = 91
Neighborhood cruise = 95

So basically a 5 degree drop what ever I was doing

Old 08-06-2014, 07:31 PM
Launching!

Yeah, you need like a 40 inch pipe or so to connect the two cooler... Its a straight shot...

Then rotate the blower up a few degrees, and run a straight pipe to the passenger cooler. like a 10 inch pipe or so...

The hardest part it the intake piping... I got a 3.5 inch cast 90 elbow a 3.5 to 3 inch reducer... Then a metal coupler reducer, that is 3in to 2.5 inch....

I am going to run the air temp sensor in the cast elbow... You need a 3.5 inch coupler to make the elbow fit on the mass air... But I found a perfect one.... It has SS sheet around it... It does not bend, and sits perfectly on the cowl ati sheet....

You know the problem we have from the mass air to the ati box, how the hose is smashed.. With this coupler it does not bend.

I found that coupler in my basement, I need to find who makes it... Even to run this to the stock ati box, will help with the air flow to the engine... You need a big bellow to run this, so you can **** up the mass air meter... It looks so sexy also.... When I am done... I might put a kit together, to save the hassle for people. I spent a lot of money on couplers and extra bull crap, cause I don't know what will work yet.. Even if you dont convert, just running this coupler to the ati box would straighten the air flow...
Old 08-06-2014, 07:34 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by No Juice
Here is what I did and found. I have the 4.5" intercoolers

Ambient Temps 87 F and humid as fk

Reverse mud flap
Highway temps = 96
Neighborhood cruise = 100

So I made some scoops to help the situation and I did some back to back testing

With Scoops
Highway temps = 91
Neighborhood cruise = 95

So basically a 5 degree drop what ever I was doing

How much boost... That is not bad.... I need to find the 4.5 inch coolers...
Old 08-06-2014, 07:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

13psi, 8.6" crank pulley and 4.32" blower
Old 08-06-2014, 11:34 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ramairetransam
im curious to see how you hook both together . Im running 10-11 lbs on the 3.5 procharger intercoolers with a p1sc1 with a 3.4 and a 7.25 sdce crank pulley revving to 6000.Driving around on the highway its usually a few degress above ambient . Get on it from 60 to 130 and it will usually go to the 125-140 range .

I am hooking up, 8.65 crank pulley, and a 3.55 blower pulley.... 65k at 6500 RPM... 70k at 7k rpm....

I dont care if I throw the blower wheel.... I figure I can shift at 6500... Maybe 6700... Who knows, if I am in a race, its going to 7000 if I am loosing.... I have a z06 383... The motor dynoed 465 HP and 498 ftlbs on an engine dyno... I built it with a budget , z06 block, 100 bucks, z06 cam 100 bucks, 317 heads 200$, add a blower and 15 lbs priceless.. The rest I got cheap also... But, I paid for an eagle crank, Mahle forged pistons, and H beams rods, eagle.

I just love that torque number... Usually the torque on these motors is smaller than the HP..

So if I fiq, 14 psi... I can get close to my 700 mark, and will be spraying 125 shot min..

I have a girdle, and I want to push huge power out of my budget build.

I know I can get at least 650 rwhp on it... But would love to see the 700 + mark...
If I had a d1, that would be no prob... But who knows, in a month or so, we will see...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What temps are you guys are seeing with the ATI coolers.