Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

LSX 408 GT5088 Build- Pistons/Head choices

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 06:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LSX 408 GT5088 Build- Pistons/Head choices

Ok, So Ive been researching for months before I just dive into my next build and I talked to Martin at Tick who turned me to the GT5088 Turbo for my 1000WHP goal for a M6 street setup, sometimes track too, but thats not set in stone yet either. Before I go and dive into buying an LQ9 block I would just like anyones EXPERIENCE and opinions on which rotating assembly I should go with, I am not afraid to spend the money on good **** but dont want to dump $8k into motor alone, just something simple to handle the boost and reach my 1000WHP goal, Im going to buy the block and build it myself, Im just trying to figure out what would be the best size dish pistons and heads to use, 317 heads, and -19 dish pistons or what??? Anyone with any advice would really appreciate it, Im new to boosted LSX game but have done a ton of LSX rebuilds and such but never for forced induction, I am thinking about going with a rotating assmebly from Texas Speed unless anyone else has any other ideas for me, I just need to know what would be the best comp. ratio and negative dish size for the pistons, but of course that depends on the heads too, any advice would be awesome thanks.

Quick Reply: LSX 408 GT5088 Build- Pistons/Head choices