Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

any mild turbo setup with a/c on F-body? transam specifically

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 04:46 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default any mild turbo setup with a/c on F-body? transam specifically

Im looking to build a turbo hot side for my 98 ws6. Ive done custom turbo swap before but that was with practically no accessory on an older car. all it had was water pump and alternator so theres plenty of room.

without going rear mount. Im having trouble finding engine bay pics of mild setup with full accessory still present.

when I say mild-just turbo add ons, no modification to radiator/condenser, frame etc.

Just by looking at the engine bay looks like a single turbo will be where the battery sits now. But wanted more pics/ideas on how people have routed their system/pipes-hot and cold
Old 08-28-2014, 04:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It would be great to save money and do it yourself but why not just look into a kit like Huron Speed makes or even On3. They both make a kit for what your looking for. But most require moving the alternator top side and putting on pusher fans. Most kits come with the alternator relocation brackets but you have to buy the fans which is around 2-300 dollars. which when it comes to playing with cars is one of the cheapest things you'll do.
Old 08-29-2014, 01:08 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 01transampower
It would be great to save money and do it yourself but why not just look into a kit like Huron Speed makes or even On3. They both make a kit for what your looking for. But most require moving the alternator top side and putting on pusher fans. Most kits come with the alternator relocation brackets but you have to buy the fans which is around 2-300 dollars. which when it comes to playing with cars is one of the cheapest things you'll do.
because money save on mods = more mods.

last one I built a full single 5.0 turbo kit cost me less than $350 hot side thats only b/c I didnt have headers on hand. otherwise 250 for pipes that technically is for catback since all you need is a crossover and turbo flange and wastegate routing. still searching but cant seem to find one other than on3 who allowed a/c
Old 08-29-2014, 04:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...tml?styleid=27

Here's Huron Speeds set up with everything your looking for.

Quick Reply: any mild turbo setup with a/c on F-body? transam specifically