Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Built lq9 turbo opinions!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 05:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Built lq9 turbo opinions!

Hi All.

Just about to pickup my new engine.
LQ9 block stroked to 403ci, Dragonslayer crank, callies rods, custom 9.5:1 pistions, big custom camshaft, arp bolts/nuts, ls3 intake, heads and throttle body etc.

Now having a maloo (Australian pickup) I have the choice to mount twin high mount turbos, twin low mount turbos or a highmount single turbo.

I want between 750-850whp through the 6 speed manual gearbox, the maloo will be running on e85 when it gets boost. This will be more of a weekend car and will be used on 4-5 track days per year and the 1/4 now and then. Obviously I don't want to wait forever for the boost to hit but I also want a car that will really get going with roll on highway like racing etc.

Would the twins outperform the single with highway like racing? If I did go a single would the garret 42 or 45 get the job don't with minimal lag?

im a new to the racing setups so ANY feedback would be great!

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-01-2014, 08:50 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackMaloo93
Hi All.

Just about to pickup my new engine.
LQ9 block stroked to 403ci, Dragonslayer crank, callies rods, custom 9.5:1 pistions, big custom camshaft, arp bolts/nuts, ls3 intake, heads and throttle body etc.

Now having a maloo (Australian pickup) I have the choice to mount twin high mount turbos, twin low mount turbos or a highmount single turbo.

I want between 750-850whp through the 6 speed manual gearbox, the maloo will be running on e85 when it gets boost. This will be more of a weekend car and will be used on 4-5 track days per year and the 1/4 now and then. Obviously I don't want to wait forever for the boost to hit but I also want a car that will really get going with roll on highway like racing etc.

Would the twins outperform the single with highway like racing? If I did go a single would the garret 42 or 45 get the job don't with minimal lag?

im a new to the racing setups so ANY feedback would be great!

Thanks in advance!
Properly sized twins always provide more usable power, and usually better response. That being said, 750-850whp is a low enough goal that something like a single 76mm turbo would perform very well. You could do either very well, and you would be happy with either. It really comes down to personal preference, plumbing limitations under the hood, etc.

Jack

Quick Reply: Built lq9 turbo opinions!