Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Magnacharger 1900 on my LS2 GTO

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 08:38 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnacharger 1900 on my LS2 GTO

I found someone who is selling a Magnacharger setup. I've been looking into doing some sort of boost. I know my cam setup isn't ideal for this but how bad will it be honestly? Worth doing?

I have a .631 .612 236/240 Duration @ 111+2 LSA in the car (LS2) with all the other supporting stuff (headers, stall, etc)

Changing the cam out again isn't an option for me. I'd rather build something later on and put money towards that.

Also, the Maggie setup currently has a 2.9" on it now. Will I need to look into a bigger or stock pullies to start? Obviously I know my fuel system will need to be addressed.

Any help is appreciated. Did some research on other LSx boards, still kinda of vague if this setup will somewhat work. I know it won't be the best but surely it can't be the worst?

I keep looking into nitrous and in the end boost already seems to be the best option.

BTW, I posted here and in the LS2 forums. Didn't know where the best spot would be. I don't come here often.

Thanks,
Old 01-09-2015, 07:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

While the camshaft won't be optimal the combination will definately work. You will have more overlap than most " blower cams" so you will be bleeding cylinder pressure but it will still make plenty of power. Too much overlap will result in pushing unburned air and gas out the exhaust valve into the headers.

I would try the 2.9" pulley to see where the boost ends up with the cam and headers. While the 1900 Usually will make 8 lbs on a stock shortblock with manifolds with a stock pulley, when you go with a bigger cam and headers you may only see 5lbs. You will make more power even with the lower boost but then you would use a smaller pulley to turn the blower faster to get the boost level back up to maximize the benefit of the cam and headers.

Depending on how high of stall you have you may have trouble hooking up on the street as the supercharger will make a lot of low end torque almost instantaneously.

There is a lot of information regarding this combination on LS1gto.com in the forced induction section. I would check it out. Good luck.

Tony O.

Last edited by ondatrack; 01-09-2015 at 09:38 PM.

Quick Reply: Magnacharger 1900 on my LS2 GTO