Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Fans/Cooling issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 10:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Fans/Cooling issues

So I'm getting closer to my build being done and was looking up some cooling fans and seen a lot of people having issues with the ATI fan and fan sroud. I was wondering if anyone has just used 2 after market puller fans straight on to the stock radiator? Any pics any recommendations. Is the fan shroud a must have?
Old 02-16-2015, 12:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 78 Posts

Do you still have A/C ? If not, perhaps you can do what I did and just make the stock fans/shroud a pusher type setup. The stock fans are really efficient, keeping my Turbocharged Z28 at the first quarter mark, even when in bumper to bumper summer traffic in Houston, TX. True, being the blades are engineered for opposite rotation, they howl a noticeable amount at idle when both fans are engaged at their highest speed. But the cooling is undeniable. If you still have the condenser for the A/C, the pusher setup in front of the radiator is likely not an option. Not enough room.

Originally Posted by chevybayboy
So I'm getting closer to my build being done and was looking up some cooling fans and seen a lot of people having issues with the ATI fan and fan sroud. I was wondering if anyone has just used 2 after market puller fans straight on to the stock radiator? Any pics any recommendations. Is the fan shroud a must have?
Old 02-16-2015, 12:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mightyquickz28
Do you still have A/C ? If not, perhaps you can do what I did and just make the stock fans/shroud a pusher type setup. The stock fans are really efficient, keeping my Turbocharged Z28 at the first quarter mark, even when in bumper to bumper summer traffic in Houston, TX. True, being the blades are engineered for opposite rotation, they howl a noticeable amount at idle when both fans are engaged at their highest speed. But the cooling is undeniable. If you still have the condenser for the A/C, the pusher setup in front of the radiator is likely not an option. Not enough room.
yes I'm still keeping the a/c I'm here in Houston tx. As well. As you know we need a/c out here. I I wonder if I could get 2 puller fans and mount them directly on the radiator with a 10 in pusher and the condenser if that would work.
Old 02-16-2015, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Or if there is anyway to get the stock assembly to with. Keeping the a/c
Old 02-16-2015, 12:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 78 Posts

Maybe you could do some trimming on the fan housings(the circular part around the fans themselves) to make room? Here's my link to how I put them as pushers...
https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...turbo-car.html
Old 02-16-2015, 12:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Oh ok. I see how you did it. Yeah as soon as I get the blower installed I'll start trimming and see if I could me the stock assembly work

Quick Reply: Fans/Cooling issues