Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

CX Racing Intercoolers

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 05:16 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CX Racing Intercoolers

Does anyone have any experience with CX Racing's W2A intercoolers? The one I'm looking at's only 275 bucks, and from Spearco and such places it'd easily be over 1,000 bucks! Will they hold up and cool good for high-horse applications?Iced water will be ran through it as well as having a heat exchanger.
Old 02-17-2015, 05:33 PM
Teching In

I bought one of the cx twin inlet, single out intercoolers. The quality was poor.
I sent it back and bought aone from treadstone. Top quality, at a good price !
Old 02-17-2015, 05:46 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Portworks
I bought one of the cx twin inlet, single out intercoolers. The quality was poor.
I sent it back and bought aone from treadstone. Top quality, at a good price !
Hell we may be talking about the same one.. Good to know, I'll go check out Treadstone!
Old 02-17-2015, 05:56 PM
Launching!

Nevermind, I was looking at A2W intercoolers. Treadstone doesn't carry any
Old 02-17-2015, 06:30 PM
TECH Regular

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Frozenboost? I have a few and the quality looks good. As for performance, I will let somebody else chime in. Never heard much bad.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:04 AM
Staging Lane

Two of my buddies are running frozen boost a/w coolers in race cars ...totally solid and big temp drops
Old 02-18-2015, 09:09 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by c5mtl
Two of my buddies are running frozen boost a/w coolers in race cars ...totally solid and big temp drops
I wish they had a two in, single out intercooler
Old 02-18-2015, 09:33 AM
8 Second Club

Received 676 Likes on 499 Posts

Originally Posted by Meth Sled
I wish they had a two in, single out intercooler
How much power do you plan on making and at what boost levels?

Unless it's an all out drag car I can's see needing an A2W unit. It's just not needed for most. If your dead set on it I wouldnt' think twice about using a cheaper CXracing core, as you won't need that much charge cooling with twins and E85 anyway. The better cores are 3-5x as expensive and usually only cool 10-20% better with less pressure drop from what I've read. That's huge when hundredths of a second count... but not worth it for a street/strip car IMO.
Old 02-18-2015, 09:54 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Forcefed86
How much power do you plan on making and at what boost levels?

Unless it's an all out drag car I can's see needing an A2W unit. It's just not needed for most. If your dead set on it I wouldnt' think twice about using a cheaper CXracing core, as you won't need that much charge cooling with twins and E85 anyway. The better cores are 3-5x as expensive and usually only cool 10-20% better with less pressure drop from what I've read. That's huge when hundredths of a second count... but not worth it for a street/strip car IMO.
The original goal was 1300 to the ground, but everyday that grows.. I'm building it to hold up to that kinda power, I'm not just throwing some **** together and hoping it'll hold. It'll mostly be a street truck, so ET's don't really bother me too much, but I would like my charge setup to be as efficient as possible.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:27 AM
8 Second Club

Received 676 Likes on 499 Posts

Originally Posted by Meth Sled
The original goal was 1300 to the ground, but everyday that grows.. I'm building it to hold up to that kinda power, I'm not just throwing some **** together and hoping it'll hold. It'll mostly be a street truck, so ET's don't really bother me too much, but I would like my charge setup to be as efficient as possible.
Your goals sound very unrealistic to me. After looking over your build thread/parts you are severely lacking in quite a few departments to meet 1300+whp goals on E85. If you’re really planning on 1300+whp you better throw an aftermarket block in that build plan. A bored 370 OEM iron block isn’t going to last at those power levels… Esp. at your chassis weight. (cyl walls are too thin) A single Holley 1800 will make nowhere near that kind of power. You’ll need 60-65psi base pressure to make anywhere near 1300whp on 160lb injectors. Your 66mm turbos aren’t sized properly for your top end/cubes/power goals either.

Lastly 1300+whp on the street is totally pointless. (esp with caltracks and 29” drag radials!) You’re not going to be able to put that power to the ground, so why bother? Assuming you ever got it together, You’d have a very expensive tire smoke machine.

Many of these threads with 1000+HP goals lately are laughable! Most don’t have a clue what it actually takes to make parts live at these levels. I don’t’ say this to be rude, and I’m not saying you are one of these people either... Saying it because it’s the truth.

Best of luck with your build. It will need serious revamping if you want to reach your goals.

Last edited by Forcefed86; 02-18-2015 at 11:28 AM.
The following users liked this post:
DNowak (10-20-2020)
Old 02-18-2015, 10:43 AM
8 Second Club

Wanting to make 1300+ hp and CX Racing anything don't go together
Old 02-18-2015, 11:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by THADD
x2, true story.
Old 02-18-2015, 11:42 AM
Launching!

That's what I figured, just wanted to see if people have made good power through them or if they're complete junk.. But it seems to be junkier than better.
Old 02-18-2015, 11:58 AM
Launching!

Your goals sound very unrealistic to me. After looking over your build thread/parts you are severely lacking in quite a few departments to meet 1300+whp goals on E85. If you’re really planning on 1300+whp you better throw an aftermarket block in that build plan. A bored 370 OEM iron block isn’t going to last at those power levels… Esp. at your chassis weight. (cyl walls are too thin) A single Holley 1800 will make nowhere near that kind of power. You’ll need 60-65psi base pressure to make anywhere near 1300whp on 160lb injectors. Your 66mm turbos aren’t sized properly for your top end/cubes/power goals either.

Lastly 1300+whp on the street is totally pointless. (esp with caltracks and 29” drag radials!) You’re not going to be able to put that power to the ground, so why bother? Assuming you ever got it together, You’d have a very expensive tire smoke machine.

Many of these threads with 1000+HP goals lately are laughable! Most don’t have a clue what it actually takes to make parts live at these levels. I don’t’ say this to be rude, and I’m not saying you are one of these people either... Saying it because it’s the truth.

Best of luck with your build. It will need serious revamping if you want to reach your goals.
It may seem unrealistic, but it will happen damn it, haha, no offense taken by anything you said. The more input the better. I've seen many stock suspension style trucks put the power down. Maybe not on the street, but I've seen it happen. Big block trucks at that. That pump seemed like overkill, glad to know it won't do the trick!
Old 02-18-2015, 12:03 PM
Launching!

As for turbos, they're 69/68's. Same size as the GTK 750's for half the cost. Journal bearing and billet comp. wheel.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:30 PM
Teching In

I dont think the intercooler is going to play that much into the ekvation since he's running on E85 , i have even seen non intercooled 10:1 E85 run 700+ CSB with boost. the injectors and pump will be on the small side. the Holley pump is probably safe to 900whp on E85.
Didn't Denmah use the CXracing ? at 600 - 700whp ?
Old 02-18-2015, 02:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Hellhaunter
I dont think the intercooler is going to play that much into the ekvation since he's running on E85 , i have even seen non intercooled 10:1 E85 run 700+ CSB with boost. the injectors and pump will be on the small side. the Holley pump is probably safe to 900whp on E85.
Didn't Denmah use the CXracing ? at 600 - 700whp ?
Thats fine and dandy at those power levels. This guy is shooting for double that

Based on the past results of other Chinese parts, id imagine the A/W from CX would do pretty good at "lower" power levels like this though
Old 02-18-2015, 02:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 49 Likes on 18 Posts

Great post!!!!
The following users liked this post:
DNowak (10-20-2020)
Old 02-22-2015, 02:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a cx h2o cooler, quite good for the price. i heard they are the same as frozen boost. water inlet and outlet are quite restrictive, they're too far Inside the cap. best is to cut them and weld them outside and you will gain flow.
Old 02-22-2015, 02:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cx power rating may be a bit optimistic ...

Quick Reply: CX Racing Intercoolers