Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Forced Induction Guys Chime In

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 07:24 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Forced Induction Guys Chime In

Hi, I here guys say there running a stock low end. For the most part I think some might be but most are regapping the rings and putting arp rod bolts. Im sure like everything with a build its all in what your trying to go for. So there are a lot of helpful people on this site so what did you do on your build.
Old 02-28-2015, 07:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I pulled my 4.8 out of a work truck with 220k on the odometer. I did head gaskets, studs, cam, valve springs, and pushrods. I've had it to 14 psi with 14* of timing on 11.8afr 93 pump. I shift it around 7500 with no problems at all. It loves it and so do I haha
Old 02-28-2015, 07:54 PM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by hpadder
Hi, I here guys say there running a stock low end. For the most part I think some might be but most are regapping the rings and putting arp rod bolts. Im sure like everything with a build its all in what your trying to go for. So there are a lot of helpful people on this site so what did you do on your build.
I did some digging before starting on my first build way back and found people making 800 hp on stock bottom ends with stock rods bolts without regapping rings.

Higher mileage motors naturally have larger ring gaps. You'll hear a lot of people say that 200k mile motors are just 'ripe' for boost.

Quick Reply: Forced Induction Guys Chime In