Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

UPDATED 6/18: Huron Speed T6 kit car. PICS

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 03:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NebraskaLS1
This build is looking awesome!!! Great job! I'm doing the same Huron kit right now. Jon is great to deal with. ill keep an eye on your build for sure. (My first turbo build too)
Cool man thanks a lot! Yea I'm about to start the assembly.. Pretty much everything is here so I'll be posting lots of pics soon!
Old 04-11-2015, 05:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

How many cans of paint and clear to do the engine pay. I just got mine tubed and need to paint the tube front and inner fender wells here we ran the tubing through.
Old 04-13-2015, 12:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by MIAmotorsports
How many cans of paint and clear to do the engine pay. I just got mine tubed and need to paint the tube front and inner fender wells here we ran the tubing through.
Get on Amazon (if you have an account) its pretty cheap there. Probably 6-8 cans depending on how generous you are with paint for the entire engine bay. and 4-5 cans of clear. You'll nickel and dime yourself buying it can by can at the parts store.. Plus its about 35% cheaper thru amazon or find a case online elsewhere.

Here's a tip, they'll tell you to cake the clearcoat on thick, but on my white car, in some spots it pooled a little and gave off a yellow/eggshell tint. So I scotchbrited down a bit.. And am reapplying one more white coat to brighten it then going to clear with one coat. Really don't need much clear.. Two light coats is what I recommend.
Old 05-03-2015, 12:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by a.white86
Get on Amazon (if you have an account) its pretty cheap there. Probably 6-8 cans depending on how generous you are with paint for the entire engine bay. and 4-5 cans of clear. You'll nickel and dime yourself buying it can by can at the parts store.. Plus its about 35% cheaper thru amazon or find a case online elsewhere.

Here's a tip, they'll tell you to cake the clearcoat on thick, but on my white car, in some spots it pooled a little and gave off a yellow/eggshell tint. So I scotchbrited down a bit.. And am reapplying one more white coat to brighten it then going to clear with one coat. Really don't need much clear.. Two light coats is what I recommend.
I asked you on page 3 about clear coating (Thanks btw for the info!!) and people around me shyed me away from it saying with the bay getting so hot, itll yellow over time.. So i havnt done it yet but with all the paint i layed down, its getting dirty already and deeming hard to clean with no clear on it....
Old 05-04-2015, 03:48 AM
TECH Resident

How far along are you now?
Old 05-06-2015, 09:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 383camaroz28
How far along are you now?
Sorry I've been out of touch on this.. Ya know how life goes. lol. THE GOOD NEWS IS, I bought my first house (i'm 28) last week, and close end of this month. I'll post pics in a minute of it.. Pretty cool spot. Gluckstadt MS, which is a nicer suburb of Jackson, just on the other side of Madison MS.

THE BAD NEWS is.. The clear coat came out so "yellowed" I scotchbrighted it all back down and completely re-did it. Made me sick, to have to do it.. Ended up with about 40 hours in just the engine bay. But it looks way better now..
Old 06-18-2015, 11:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

Well the car is rolling! But not running yet..

image sharing
Old 06-18-2015, 12:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Coming along nicely. You're going to love those Viking coilovers.
Old 06-18-2015, 01:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
Coming along nicely. You're going to love those Viking coilovers.
Yea i've read nothing but good things. Just ready to have a running car.. Still need injectors, and fuel assembly for the tank.. Considering the Squash dual pump setup. Alrady got lines and FPR from FORE, and rails and all that.. Also gotta figure out all this vaccuum stuff. I'm new to the turbo stuff and I know you gotta have a vaccuum block and all that which is a bit beyond me.
Old 06-18-2015, 01:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yea i've read nothing but good things. Just ready to have a running car.. Still need injectors, and fuel assembly for the tank.. Considering the Squash dual pump setup. Alrady got lines and FPR from FORE, and rails and all that.. Also gotta figure out all this vaccuum stuff. I'm new to the turbo stuff and I know you gotta have a vaccuum block and all that which is a bit beyond me.
You don't necessarily have to have a vacuum block. It just makes things cleaner. Look at the stickies for the forced induction section, and there is a thread that covers gauge wiring and boost/vacuum source information. Looks like a clean setup. I can't wait to get my AC T4 kit in and get it running! I also got the Viking coilovers, so I'm pretty excited about the ride quality of those over my worn out stock DeCarbons. Good luck with the rest of your build!
Old 06-18-2015, 01:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 97_ek
You don't necessarily have to have a vacuum block. It just makes things cleaner. Look at the stickies for the forced induction section, and there is a thread that covers gauge wiring and boost/vacuum source information. Looks like a clean setup. I can't wait to get my AC T4 kit in and get it running! I also got the Viking coilovers, so I'm pretty excited about the ride quality of those over my worn out stock DeCarbons. Good luck with the rest of your build!
Hey thanks so much bud! I will go read up on those stickies.. Hopefully theyre basic enough for me to understand lolol
Old 06-18-2015, 02:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

hey your car looks alot like mine haha.. except you have the t6 kit.. i liike i liiike
btw, the vikings ride pretty damn good i also gottm on all 4 corners and squashs dual 450's cant be beat.. itsa BADASS piece
Old 06-18-2015, 02:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hey thanks so much bud! I will go read up on those stickies.. Hopefully theyre basic enough for me to understand lolol
No problem
Old 06-18-2015, 02:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

Looks good and it's the best/fastest color too!

What steps did you take when painting the bay?
Old 06-19-2015, 11:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Kingc8r
Looks good and it's the best/fastest color too!

What steps did you take when painting the bay?
Just scotchbrighted the engine bay, but didnt have to much.. Then Duplicolor Arctic White, about three to four coats I did.. Then I laid clear on really heavy which came out looking like ****.. So I hat to sand it down a bit, repaint, then recolor with lighter multiple coats. It will yellow really bad if you cake it on like I did the first time. Its no easy task..
Old 06-19-2015, 11:12 AM
11 Second Club

Good thing I'm going semi gloss black lol
Old 06-19-2015, 12:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Kingc8r
Good thing I'm going semi gloss black lol
That will be simple then.
Old 07-15-2015, 02:52 PM
On The Tree

Subd. These T6 kits are sick! I've got the APS tt kit but if I switch in the future I will going with Hurons T6 of tt kit. Both kits look great
Old 07-15-2015, 05:24 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by WidowMaker_13
Subd. These T6 kits are sick! I've got the APS tt kit but if I switch in the future I will going with Hurons T6 of tt kit. Both kits look great
Thanks, really appreciate it. If the time comes be sure to get in touch, you will love the kit as well as our service!

Jon

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 10-28-2015, 07:17 PM
11 Second Club

Where are the updates?

Quick Reply: UPDATED 6/18: Huron Speed T6 kit car. PICS