Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Anyone familiar with this kit? Trick Performance?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 07:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone familiar with this kit? Trick Performance?

This is a kit that seems to be designed for trucks. However, I've been staring at it for a day or two and I can't see why it wouldn't fit on my '87 Regal. I already have the Drivers side truck manifold and I think I have the room to even use this down pipe.

http://www.shop.trickperformanceprod...-hot-pipes.htm
Old 03-16-2015, 07:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Streetracer09
This is a kit that seems to be designed for trucks. However, I've been staring at it for a day or two and I can't see why it wouldn't fit on my '87 Regal. I already have the Drivers side truck manifold and I think I have the room to even use this down pipe.

http://www.shop.trickperformanceprod...-hot-pipes.htm
The manifold is a little tall, might have to cut it down some.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:07 PM
On The Tree

I thought that also. I think it's because of the tall truck intakes
Old 03-17-2015, 01:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems pretty dang expensive for what it is. Tried and true flipped truck manifolds is where its at...
Old 03-17-2015, 02:30 PM
10 Second Club

I don't like the oxygen sensor placement. Having the passengers side sensor in the downpipe will read blended exhaust from both banks. Seems like that would be a tuning nightmare if trying to run a stock pcm in closed loop.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 5.3LJimmy
I don't like the oxygen sensor placement. Having the passengers side sensor in the downpipe will read blended exhaust from both banks. Seems like that would be a tuning nightmare if trying to run a stock pcm in closed loop.
Downpipe bung is for the wideband. Rick offers a cast stainless manifold now also. Jarrett(stock48)runs a very similar kbracing log on his nova. I built a very similar hotside and I put my pass o2 in the log manifold and I have no issues running stock pcm in closed loop.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:08 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1969x11
Downpipe bung is for the wideband. Rick offers a cast stainless manifold now also. Jarrett(stock48)runs a very similar kbracing log on his nova. I built a very similar hotside and I put my pass o2 in the log manifold and I have no issues running stock pcm in closed loop.
Quoted from the link:
The Down pipe, is 3" 1 piece mandrel bent Aluminized steel tubing. Is built to clear all accessories so you don't have to move oem hard parts around. (like others do on the market.) Down pipe is build using a T4 exhaust housing. Passenger side front o2 sensor bung is already weled in place.

Option Wideband bung can be added for a slight increase.

According to that the passenger side O2 is welded in the downpipe and not in the log manifold and an optional wideband can be added to the downpipe as an OPTION.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:25 AM
On The Tree

The O2 placement is the small details.

The fact I talked to KB Racing through email and he mentioned that he already knows what to do for a G-body. This will be huge for me if I can grab a bolt turbo kit. That means I can have my car done a lot sooner because I don't have to haul it in the trailer to a fabricator who is going to stick it up my *** because I have no choice once it's in his shop. The cars been a budget build so far with a few extra $'s spent on grabbing anything that is bolt on parts.
Old 03-18-2015, 06:03 PM
10 Second Club

I built my own as I thought the price tag was a little hefty for my budget but I will tell you I had to cut , add a 45, and vband the truck mani on the driver side to clear everything on my 85 cutty. Just some food for thought.

That said I was able to fit a 3.5" DP and 2.5" crossover through the passenger side with no AC or heater.

Quick Reply: Anyone familiar with this kit? Trick Performance?