Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Turbo lsx questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 09:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo lsx questions

In about a 2-3 months i am going to start my search for a new ls f-body. Probably gonna take awhile to find since i am so damn picky. Anyway i really want to do a turbo car but i am completely lost on what to do. i would like to be running around 20psi if not more. well whatever can get me the most hp. would like 800+rwhp i pretty much know i will be spending around 15k if not more on just motor and fuel supply parts. which i am prepared to do. (i am young (19) and have a good *** job and pretty much no bills) i plan to do all the work but the engine build i will send that out to be built. this will be a car that must be streetable. basically only driven on. sunday and if i take it too the track.

1. 4 th gens came with the ls1 unless swapped. are these a decent turbo motor or should i look into other motors? i want to do it right with forged internals but i have heard the compression isnt right for a turbo.

2. should i do twins or single? not sure if it works the same for v motors but i know diesel guys will do a bigger and a smaller twin turbo setup.

3. I would like to keep heat. and if possible a/c but not necessary since i haven't had a 4 th gen that it has worked in before.

4. what all will i have to cut and change to fit turbo and intercooler in that small engine bay.

5. is it worth it to just buy a turbo kit? if so what kit?

6. what is a good build in your opinion? block, heads, crank, intake, tb, turbo, intercooler, fuel pump, oil pump, etc
Old 03-27-2015, 09:50 PM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

I see this is your first post.

Literally everything you asked has been answered 464090874416016514 times in this section. Read the FAQs, and then start looking at what others have done in their builds. Its a little ambitious to say "I'm 19 and want more than 20 lbs of boost but have no idea what I'm doing". Nobody here is going to grab a giant spoon and feed you every last little detail. There are million and millions and millions of possible combinations that will get you 800 to the wheels in an LS motor. Start small, start slow, work your way up from there. I'd be a shame to spend money on a forged motor and then watch it grenade all over the place.
Old 03-29-2015, 07:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The secret is in the tune grasshoppa.

Quick Reply: Turbo lsx questions