Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

1994 Toyota Supra 25.5 Twin Turbo LSX

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 05:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Busa_rob
So much bad assery about to ensue here. Sub'd.
Thanks for following along Rob!

I'll update the thread as i have already changed my mind on the fuel system set-up so some of the part slisted above have been sold......

Guna give 100% M1 Methanol a try on this build

Old 04-29-2015, 12:41 PM
On The Tree

Been a bit so here's a little update!

The Aeromotive RED FP has been sold as well as the A2W IC in preparation for running 100% M1 Methanol as the fuel supply so a larger flowing pump was needed......

Ended up finding a good deal on an Enderle 990 off CL

Enderle 990 was flowed and according to the sheet it says:

(6.86gpm @ 1800rpm @ 50psi)

(15.27gpm @ 4000rpm @ 100psi)

The rest of the stuff came in from the guys @ Good Vibrations Racing
Belt drive attachment:

Crank mandrel (It's for a BBC so i need to have my buddy turn down the inner locator ring to fit into my ATI dampner:

And i goofed and ordered the wrong crank mandrel pulley as i had the 1" diameter mandrel in mind for some reason so gotta exchange for the correct size to fit the mandrel above (14 tooth crank pulley / 28 tooth pump pulley) :lame:

Old 04-30-2015, 01:35 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That 990 pump aint no bitch for sure.
Old 05-12-2015, 11:52 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Blown06
That 990 pump aint no bitch for sure.
Lol it should def. be more than enough for what i need at this time.

I'll post some updates later today!
Old 05-22-2015, 03:58 PM
On The Tree

Got the correct pulley now and will have the mandrel machined next week!

I'll have to come up with a solution for mounting the pump assembly once we have other stuff set into place but before i went on vacation to Maui and camping last weekend we made some good progress so here are a bunch of pics of the door bar x's and a few other misc things.

I also took a complete day getting the motor and mid plate situated it's not 100% done but it'll give you an idea.

Here was a idea from one of our fab guys for the front strut-to-frame rail bar but i don't care for the compund bends in it at all so i gave him some other ideas

Old 06-03-2015, 12:39 PM
On The Tree

So here are the pics of the motor/mid plate work i did a couple weeks ago.

First time for me attempting this so please any input is appreciated but it seems to have worked out pretty well so far.....

Decided to reinforce the thin frame rail w/ some 3" square steel 1/8" thick material cut in half to be that the plate will sit on

Thanks to Bob Ette @ AEI inc for the motor and mid plate :beer:

In she goes :rockon:

And it fits!

Here's how the mid plate sits on the frame rail

Shot looking from the trans tunnel area

Here is the clearance of the oil pan to the oem K-member

Here's the driver's side clearance pic once i have the turbo headers on i'll have to make up a new steering column w/ a double joint vs a single now and don't mind the oem alum mount it's only used for mock-up and reference

That's it for now hope to have these finish welded by the end of the month so i can finish up the trans x-member, order up a D/S, and then get cracking on the turbo stuff
Old 06-03-2015, 01:05 PM
On The Tree

I was at the shop yesterday finalizing plans for the remaining bars up front and as we were laying things out i think i came up with a couple good ideas:

1) Have a smalll bar running across from front bar to front bar behind the shock tower close to the firewall to make use of the provided 2 mounting holes on the mid plate just above the bellhousing

2) After the bar that runs from the front of the shock tower to the front frame rail is done i'm thinking of tieing in the front motor plate mounting bracket to it with a piece of tubing coming off 90* from the front bar going to the frame rail just behind the motor plate (hope that makes sense)

Similar to Eddie K.'s Camaro

Old 06-03-2015, 01:07 PM
On The Tree

More progress and some parts are starting to show up!

SW headers up/forward flipped upside down are almost perfect just need a little love on the driver's side motor plate

Old 06-05-2015, 06:00 AM
TECH Resident

Subscribing for progress. Those turbos are beautiful. I'm debating btw buying a new GT350 or just saying **** it and buying a built Supra. Had imports years ago as well. Eclipse GSX, Evo, STI to name a few.

This build is definitely not something you see everyday. Props for doing it.
Old 07-01-2015, 11:32 AM
Teching In

Any updates?
Old 07-01-2015, 01:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by big reg
Subscribing for progress. Those turbos are beautiful. I'm debating btw buying a new GT350 or just saying **** it and buying a built Supra. Had imports years ago as well. Eclipse GSX, Evo, STI to name a few.

This build is definitely not something you see everyday. Props for doing it.
Thanks for following along i have a very bad habit of building/racing things that are not the norm.....i don't suggest it to everyone as it's an expensive way of doing things but i enjoy the learning process and applying well known theories from drag racing to this particular chassis set-up.

I too have had all sorts from old-skool Toyotas to Mustangs to Evo etc

Originally Posted by xxxPOPExxx
Any updates?
Sorry i've been slacking and trying to get as much fab work done as possible i have plenty of pics to share i will update later today!
Old 07-01-2015, 01:41 PM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome build look forward to more progress!!!
Old 07-01-2015, 07:25 PM
7 Second Club

Received 115 Likes on 72 Posts

Good lord that things gonna be bad
Old 07-03-2015, 11:14 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TRIXLSXSUPRA
I'm from the SF Bay Area (Fremont) to be exact do i know you i've seen your screen name on another forum for sure just can't remember which one?? CAFords?

My name's Pat i used to have a low 9 sec EVO RS

PATRICK BATACAN (FFTEC MOTORSPORTS) DRAG EVO 9 RS 9.264 @ 154.162 MPH - YouTube

Sorry hope i don't burst your bubble but the 2JZ is what WAS in the car i picked it up as a roller to put an LSX in it .........BUT with 2 turbos

What are you putting the 2JZ into?

Thanks wait until it's finished keep checking back for updates :popcorn:
you street drive that car or just track car? should be a good race with my busa.
Old 07-07-2015, 05:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Hi Volume
you street drive that car or just track car? should be a good race with my busa.
This is just a track car but that does sound like a fun race although it will focus more on 1/8 & 1/4mi. not so much top speed stuff!

Update coming once i can find time to post ***** a bit....
Old 07-07-2015, 05:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I wanna see that thing pull a 1/4 mile hit so bad
Old 07-07-2015, 07:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by IronBlocked
I wanna see that thing pull a 1/4 mile hit so bad
Lol you and me both but there is still much to do once we get the chassis stuff finished here in the next week or so we can then lay out the turbos and piping etc

After that i hope it comes together quickly :popcorn:
Old 07-08-2015, 11:34 AM
On The Tree

Well back for a a little update!

Things have slowed down a bit unfortunately as i've only been able to really get a 1 full 8-10hr day a week to work on it

Another big piece of news that will change up the plans is that fact that my wife and i are now expecting our 2nd child so funds will be a bit tighter and since baby is due in Jan i'd really like to try and get this thing up and runnng before then.

So unfortunately the budget is just not there now to run straight M1 Methanol so we will run what we know (E85/E98) and will run an A2W IC once again but something a little different than the PT3000 i had at the beginning.

Also the front motor plate is just about done & just need to finish the trans x-member and then we can get moving on mounting the turbo and fab up piping etc.

Here are the pics of what's been done:

So here is the new 417 Motorsports A2W IC!

This was actually the inital plan when starting out but i was concerned about the hood clearance but after mocking up the engine and considering the intake manifold options we just said F-it and went with this

And here it is sanwiched into the IM

And just to show you the view from inside actually not as bad as i was thinking!

Old 07-12-2015, 05:02 AM
8 Second Club

looking good!!!
Old 09-01-2015, 12:46 PM
On The Tree

Been a while and after the House Of Grudge / Team Boddie's event out here in Sacramento CA it gave me some motivation to post up a few updates on the build.

Was able to finally set the motor/trans in it's permanent location.

Got the mid plate situated (won't show pics yet as the plate needs to still be removed to trim/pretty it up)

Was also able to finish up the location of the strut-to-front frame bars much better than how they were a page or so back

We ran into an issue when testing the Holley Hi-Ram on the ETP heads on the engine as the mounting flange on the intake is a bit wider than the machined portion of the head so the heads will have to come off to be machined a bit to allow the intake to drop down flat

So now that the engine/trans are fixed in place i'm hoping the guys at the shop can get crackin on locating the turbos up front and then build the rest of the hot/cold side piping etc. later this week.

Space is becoming an issue and so i have once again changed my mind on the IC set-up and will be going back to 100% alcohol to keep piping routing to a minimum and to also allow me to run a smaller cooling system package.

I will put up my AFCO Scirocco rad for sale if anyone needs it and will try running one of these with my Meziere WP as they can be set-up with -12AN in/outs

http://derale.com/products/fluid-coo...kit-6an-detail

That's it for now will still need to figure out the fuel cell location and also a mounting bracket solution for the Enderle FP but will address that after the turbos etc are set in place......

Just wanted to give a shout to all those on here and on FB's Boosted LSX group that have answered all my novice questions and that have shared their set-ups and part info with me

Quick Reply: 1994 Toyota Supra 25.5 Twin Turbo LSX