Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Lq4+milled 243+On3 78/75 turbo=?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 10:08 PM
12 Second Club

Received 49 Likes on 30 Posts

Default Lq4+milled 243+On3 78/75 turbo=?

Im doing a low budget turbo build on my car(specs in sig) for a fun summer car with some light track duty down the 1320. The car is everything I wanted it to be...2years ago but now the "fun" factor has worn off and with new cars coming out..or affordable built cars coming on the streets, my 400whp T/A has fallen back in the pack.I want to keep up more pace and rejuvinate the feeling of terror more hp brings to a fun street car. So I bought a On3 78/75 back in october and decided that 8-10lbs of boost might curb my itch for another year or 2.

Now I have 0 intention of changing anything on the car as it sits aside from maybe the clutch..and my back tires to try and put power down better because right now on my sad all season 245/50r/16's I skated 2-2.2 60fts and a laughable 12.8 et and 115mph.

From the small results I can find on here I see mixed opinions on a few things but the threads Ive been researching from are quite a few years old.So here are my questions:

1. With having a stock lq4 head gasket and milled .030 243 heads..would my compression be considered too high to even run 8-10lbs of boost without meth injection?

2. Some say a good n/a cam that makes power can be a good turbo cam aside from beating up the valvetrain.My cam is a 112lsa..will the amount of boost bleed off be a benefit to me if the answer to question 1 is yes and prolong the life of the motor?

3. Though Im going to run a 78/75 turbo with flipped truck manifolds and 2.5" merge and 3" downpipe/exhaust should I expect alot of back pressure issues choking the motor at high rpm.I love the topend 6700rpm limit as the car sits lol.

4. Lastly I get mixed opinions on whether the turbo will net me much of a power increase. My tuner is very confident Id hit over 500whp..some say be happy if I get over 450?

Heres what Ill be throwing on for the build:
On3 78/75 .96a/r
Godspeed 50mm wastegate and bov
Walbro 455plh intank pump
All -6 fuel line front to back
Aeromotive afpr
Efisource 3 bar map sensor
Seimens deka 80*s
Gofastbits Gforce 2 boost controller

The car will be coming together over the next 2-3 weeks but Id love some feedback.

Quick Reply: Lq4+milled 243+On3 78/75 turbo=?