Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Need a little help...build almost done

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 08:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a little help...build almost done

Ok so I am new to the FI scene for starters. This is my first FI build I have done, use to be a nitrous kid. I have been searching can't quite find something that will guide me in the direction of the size of BOV and wastegate i am needing for my build.

For the build it is in a 99 camaro Z28 vert.

Motor:
I have a LQ4 block as the basis bored .040 over, Mahle flat top pistons, Eagle H beam rods. ARP head studs and rod bolts. 317 heads P&P Isky custom grind cam, edelbrock pro flo intake matched with a Fast 100mm TB.

Fuel system:
Aero Eliminator fuel pump with Edelbrock high flow fuel rails and racetronix160#

I am running a GT45 turbo aiming upwards to 1000rwhp...only problem is not sure on what size BOV or wastegate to run. Oh and also have a A2W precision intercooler.

THANKS!
Old 04-14-2015, 08:30 PM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

Ebay's claims of 1000 HP on a GT45 are marketing B.S. to get people that don't know any better to buy them.

They top out around 600 whp on a 6.0, unless you get one of the 76mm versions, which will still be out of steam before 700 whp.

If you're running a single gate, 44mm or larger will work with good placement. Blow off valves are almost useless on an auto trans, but if you have a manual just get whatever, they all work. Grab a standard 50mm Tial type.
Old 04-14-2015, 09:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my bad on the turbo that was a typo...meant GT42 its a 7685 precision. As for the transmisson its a 6spd.

Thanks on the input JoeNova.

Quick Reply: Need a little help...build almost done