Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Sponsors need help on cam for supercharging my 2007 silverado please help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 11:33 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sponsors need help on cam for supercharging my 2007 silverado please help!!!!

i WANT TO INSTALL MY VORTECH SUPERCHARGER IN MY 2007 SILVERADO WITH 5.3 ENGINE WITH CATHEDRAL PORT HEADS BUT WANT TO UPGRADE WITH A CAM FOR THE SUPERCHARGER, I NEED ADVISE ON WHAT CAM SHOULD I USE AND WICH OTHER RELATED PARTS DO I NEED TO CHANGE FOR MY APPLICATION. MY TRUCK IS FOR EVERYDAY USE ON THE STREET JUST WANTED TO GET MORE POWER FROM IT. THANKS FOR ANY ADVICE!!!
Old 04-21-2015, 02:06 PM
Launching!

Contact Martin Smallwood (Tick Performance) for a cam suggestion, either an off-the-shelf or custom grind. Very helpful and has helped me out quite a bit with plans and overall cam knowledge!
-A set of valve springs will be in store as well for a cam, and hardened pushrods are a good idea to swap in as well.
- If your motor has DOD (Displacement on Demand), you'll have to pull heads to swap lifters out, LS7's will drop right in and get the job done plenty fine, and install an LS3 valley cover.
-If it has VVT, and you go to a non-VVT cam, a new cam sprocket will be needed, along with an LS3 timing chain cover.
-LS2 timing chain's a nice upgrade to do while you're in that far as well.
Old 04-21-2015, 02:08 PM
Launching!

GM MLS LS9 head gaskets and ARP head bolts or studs are a great way to put it all back together as well.
Old 04-21-2015, 02:21 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Meth Sled
GM MLS LS9 head gaskets and ARP head bolts or studs are a great way to put it all back together as well.
this is great info thanks!!! How do i know if my engine has vvt and DOD?

Quick Reply: Sponsors need help on cam for supercharging my 2007 silverado please help!!!!