Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

ebay turbo buid looking for some help.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 10:52 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ebay turbo buid looking for some help.

So I have decided to do a ebay turbo build.
My parts list below so far. Have a few questions. 1997 c5 vette cant find anyone around me to tune the pcm unless I upgrade to a later version.
What is a good way to pull timing with boost? LIke msd products etc budget style?
Here is my plan and please inform me if you see major flaws etc.
gt45 ebay turbo found a lot of 5.3l running them and biggest complaint is the lag so on my 5.7 hopefully it will be perfect.
BEGI fmu because I cant get a tuner to even mess with my pcm plus I did a turbo hayabusa with one of these and it worked gr8! Even the dyno shop I took it to was impressed.
60mm wastegate set 5-7 lbs have not decided yet probably start at 5lbs and then get better injectors to go 7lbs
I have a adjustable water meth kit. I plan to run straight meth unless there is a good reason not to?
Aftermarket fuel pump
Was thinking with the begi and the straight meth injection on low boost I could get away with the stock injector?
pac valve springs
Keep in mind I will be using stock maf
Biggest problem I see right now is will the stock injectors be enough for 5lbs with the meth? And a good budget timing retard solution? Is it necessary to pull timing with such low boost? Ran 75 shot nitrous didn't pull timing and it was fine.
Any input would help me out a bunch! I did find a guy stock injectors with meth plus low boost and said it worked great for what he had in it. His did however blow when he increased boost to 12lbs
Thanks in advance for an help. And please don't say search I already did and this is the configuration I put together. Cant find many threads with this exact set up.

Quick Reply: ebay turbo buid looking for some help.