Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

5.3 turbo with truck rails and adjustable fpr ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 09:52 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.3 turbo with truck rails and adjustable fpr ???

Good morning! I had a question I hope someone can answer for me. I am starting my LS turbo build and have an A1000 pump and an Aeromotive FPR and I was wondering what has to be done to eliminate the factory FPR that is on the stuck 5.3 fuel rails? I've searched a good amount and haven't really found any solid information. The motor is factory return style which is great, I just need to know how to eliminate/bypass/plug that spot. Any help would be appreciated!
Old 04-29-2015, 01:14 PM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

I can't picture it off of the top of my head, but is the regulator on the return side of the rail?

If you plan on running a base pressure equal to the one that the regulator is setup for, just leave the regulator there. The stock regulator and aftermarket regulator will both regulate to 58 PSI. The aftermarket regulator will tighten up the amount of fuel allowed through it and the return, raising fuel pressure. At this point, the stock regulator will no longer be the flow restriction, the aftermarket regulator will.
Old 04-29-2015, 03:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That makes sense to me. Didn't even think of that...
Old 04-29-2015, 06:46 PM
9 Second Club

Received 181 Likes on 96 Posts

I use the stock rails and the stock fpr it works great . they are adjustable with a small safty torx in the middle. I set mine to 50 psi static and run the stock vacuum line .with my 80# injectors and bosch 044 pump it works perfect.

Quick Reply: 5.3 turbo with truck rails and adjustable fpr ???