Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

problems with first start up on my 98 turbo ls1 brand new motor fully built having a

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 01:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problems with first start up on my 98 turbo ls1 brand new motor fully built having a

My new build is a stock cube ls1 built Callie rods mahle pistons all balanced custom grind turbo cam ported heads flow 300cfm with fast 92 / 92 ported huron speed V2 t4 non a \ c kit with s476 billet 4in bumper exit downpipe gforce t56 spec super twin disc anyways to my prob. My old build was a stock motor ls1 with a sts rear mount setup well finally got to start her up today ND wasn't happy the car didn't sound like it ahould have wants to idle super high sounds like a 6cyl wen we started to turn the throttle body blade screw to get the idle down and wen we started car start backfiring loud my tuner went thru my ecu n just did a basic start up tune for this as he built the motor I figured it would run a lil rough buy not like this any help would be great I'm at a loss on this and kinda disappointed for my first start thought having 15k in this build and still more to spend it's just keeps throwing me a curve ball. And anyone have any tips or ways to make this right I thought have the 4in bumper exit downpipe the car would sound sick but didn't know wat to except I got a vid of the start up

Plzs help
Thanks for reading.
Frank
Old 05-14-2015, 05:22 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Sounds like you might have a bad vacuum leak. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 05-14-2015, 09:50 AM
10 Second Club

Have your tuner log the start up and that should tell you everything you need to know. Need to know your AFR and what was vacuum? A person is also going to need to see the tune file. How about injectors ( same as old build ? ) lots of variables. I see you are from ND. Where are you located?
Old 05-14-2015, 11:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Coil harness flipped around? Both grounds for coils grounded?
Old 05-14-2015, 09:27 PM
Teching In

Located in St louis mo. And same injectors as old build just for break In and the coil harness being flipped make that big of a deal I didn't pay attention wen putting them back on thought they were the same.
N yea I thought vacuum also idk tho all the lines r on n hooked up could it be the intake gaskets art sealing right I used the ones they came with its used came of a buddys car that ran great I'm just lost at this point
Old 05-15-2015, 11:22 PM
Teching In

Prob found damn coil harness was on backwards lol alway somthing stupid
Old 05-16-2015, 06:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might get more suggestions if you used a period or comma here and there. I got a headache trying to read that ****.

Glad you found your problem though, I did the same thing once after doing a H/C swap. Easily done.
Old 05-16-2015, 08:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Frank TheTank
Prob found damn coil harness was on backwards lol alway somthing stupid
Good deal. I put labels on mine so I don't mix them up anymore.
Old 05-17-2015, 03:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JustAFooL
You might get more suggestions if you used a period or comma here and there. I got a headache trying to read that ****.

Glad you found your problem though, I did the same thing once after doing a H/C swap. Easily done.

Quick Reply: problems with first start up on my 98 turbo ls1 brand new motor fully built having a