Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Please help w/ used Procharger instasll

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 07:18 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Please help w/ used Procharger instasll

OK, it seemed like there was no way I had the budget for new supercharger so saw this $2500.00 priced used kit. The shipping from Canada was high and made it like $3100.00. Sorry for the long post but want to try and get this job done.

My 3rd C5, second with supercharger. Last one was Magnacharger.

After years of hard times finally got a 1999 FRC.
So I bought this used Procharger p1-1 #55868

It SEEMS complete except for INJECTORS,FUEL PUMP,TUNE.

Disappointed when I called procharger tech for help, credit card in hand: Not rude but certainly not giving a man the means to buy whatever from the company who made the kit and finish the job. Also the injectors they sell for the kit are just about stock size. Wont sell a tune. Say there is no fuel pump upgrade required.

Can you guys steer me in the right direction for:

Injectors that can handle bolt on future mods but tune easily,

Canned tune at least to drive to shop to tune? preferably a programmer I can use as tool in future but willing to buy ECM.

Fuel pump? Maybe fuel rails? I recall my Maggy on 02 Z06 came with new rails.

This will be for a stock motor and the only thing I may do is add ported ls6 heads and cam/fast intake (already have but don't want to do now) in future. That can be left out of equation if it complicates things now.

The car now has borla stinger that's all.

On the fence about doing this myself. Don't have a good indoor space or lift. Please direct to someone who will install and make it good, add whatever parts and simply give me the bill would be much appreciated.
I am in Eastern PA and travel to Manhattan daily so the surrounding areas 100 mile radius. Will just drop off the car/kit as is and let them get the parts new.

I understand that most shops wont want to do this but readily agree that it isn't their problem if the supercharger is not good. But then we could at least just add a new head unit since the kit is in place.

Thank you for your help on this. I am attaching a pic of the kit which supposedly has 12k miles on it and was fine when removed.

If anyone has the parts for sale or the right supplier I am interested.

I have an advanced understanding of auto stuff but rusty and way too busy with my small business.

The head unit has been sitting for about 2 years. If any prep work should be done pls advise.

Thank you very much for your input. I really need it!
Attached Thumbnails Please help w/ used Procharger instasll-procharger-bought-supercharger-c5-frc.jpg   Please help w/ used Procharger instasll-procharger-model-serial-number-procharger-close-up-supercharger-my-c5.jpg  
Old 06-07-2015, 08:20 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

http://shop.brutespeed.com/Siemens-1...ens-107961.htm
These are the injectors I would go with. You don't need to swap out the fuel rails.

http://shop.brutespeed.com/ATI-ME001...ME001G-001.htm
Oil for the head unit

ProCharger will not sell a tune for a used kit, and I can't blame them. Their tunes only come with complete kits and are meant to be used with either bone stock Corvettes are with a catback, and for 6 to 7 psi depending on the year.

The Corvette fuel pump normally works just fine at these boost levels. if you do swap cams then you'll want to add a boost a pump. The Kenne Bell boost a pump for forced induction work very well.

With the blower having sat for several years, the seals may have dried up. Sending the blower in to get inspected and rebuilt is expensive, I would drain and replace the oil and run it as is, and see if it is okay.

Send me an e-mail to brutespeed@gmail.com asking for a copy of the installation instructions, and I'll e-mail them back to you. Thanks. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 06-07-2015, 08:33 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

If you leave the stock injectors in the car for now, you can fire it up and drive it across country with the blower installed, and not hurt a thing, as long as you stay out of boost. This means you can drive it to the place you are going to get it tuned, then once there, swap out the injectors. Bob

Old 06-07-2015, 08:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Agree ^^^^^^^

Just to give u a lil back round on my build. I bought a used 02 auto vette with a D1SC procharger, forged 347, with 3.42 sp gears. It needed some work and really didn't know what I was getting myself into until the shop told me. Well, Long story short, I sent the head unit to get rebuilt, with seals and new bearings it was about 7-8 yrs old. And upgraded the newer A&A bracket which is supposed help the belts not break compared to the original bracket.

Overall, It cost a lot of $$$ but I am glad I had these things fixed. The car fells great up to 4000 rpms and pulls strong. Oh, and needed to get tuned.

Make sure you check over every aspect of the build when problems come up if not running right.

Bob is very knowledgable, I am sure if you have questions he will lead you in the right direction.
Old 06-07-2015, 09:02 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Where in Eastern PA are you? I'm in central bucks county, and could give you a hand if you need it.
Old 06-10-2015, 08:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW! you guys are great! Thanks so much for this info.
After a few days hard work I was excited to get back to this and got exactly what I needed.

Bob, very good advice that I can drive it mellow just to get tuned. Makes sense. I will order up the parts by the weekend from links for sure.

I could also use a nice radiator and the meziere electric water pump. My theory is that the electric pump will free up some power but also take some load off the belt.
I ran one for a few years on the street with good reliability.

Thanks again, Bob, corvet786c, Alchemist for your input. Truly appreciated.
Old 06-11-2015, 06:01 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by speedz06
WOW! you guys are great! Thanks so much for this info.
After a few days hard work I was excited to get back to this and got exactly what I needed.

Bob, very good advice that I can drive it mellow just to get tuned. Makes sense. I will order up the parts by the weekend from links for sure.

I could also use a nice radiator and the meziere electric water pump. My theory is that the electric pump will free up some power but also take some load off the belt.
I ran one for a few years on the street with good reliability.

Thanks again, Bob, corvet786c, Alchemist for your input. Truly appreciated.

Good to hear, thanks. Bob

Quick Reply: Please help w/ used Procharger instasll