Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

HURON SPEED update, And 98-02 F body "v2" line of turbo kits.

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 01:03 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Default HURON SPEED update, And 98-02 F body "v2" line of turbo kits.

We have had huge success with our 2015 group purchase for the V2 turbo kits. Jon and I would like to thank everyone for the support, and all the referrals we have received!

we are hoping to have a great summer, The Huron Speed white trans am is ironed out and running great. Jon is going to put some bigger injectors in the ol' bird and really let it eat. We are excited to see what happens then!

Right now, the Trans Am is just on the wastegate spring, until the injectors go in. then the boost controller gets turned on! Jon has just been enjoying driving it on the street, it has great street manors, and as you can imagine it draws a TON of attention.

My Camaro is next in line, it will be receiving a Huron speed T4 kit (haven't decided if I want to keep AC or not) and a precision 7675 turbo. this is a project I have had going for awhile now, that got put on the back burner, and hopefully will go back into the fire very soon!
it is a stock cube LS1, with 317 heads and ls6 intake. years ago I had a pile of parts to build this car into a mostly track/sometimes street car, but decided its way too clean, with only 50,000 original miles on it. the car is mint underneath as well. you can still see factory overspray. made up my mind to throw our kit on, drive it and enjoy it.

I cant believe this was already 5 years ago now.. the last setup, mild heads/cam/6speed.

the car is sitting in my Barn right now, waiting to come to the shop. we will post pictures!

Fun fact: this will be the third time Jon and I have installed a turbo kit on this particular car.

I just thought I would take some time out on this Friday afternoon to show some appreciation to our loyal customers. without you, there is no US. and we appreciate every single sale. please feel free to share YOUR Huron Speed story here. what kit you have, how much power you made etc. we love to see customer setups!

THAT SAID, on to the V2 kits! these kits turned out AWESOME. we have had a bunch of powder and ceramic coating done for customers in the group purchase and it is turning out to be a very popular option. you guys should see some of this stuff! here is one example of a kit in ceramic black, and metallic silver!

here are a few different kits in black, matte black, illusion cherry, and misty blue.

we also have a few Huron Speed t6 turbo kits sitting on the shelf ready to rock! if you want to refer a friend, or do a buddy package we can work on some pricing for you! this weekend is a good weekend to get yourself into some boost. feel free to contact me at anytime Casey@huronspeed.com or via PM right here on LS1tech!

for all your Turbo needs, big or small contact us! From complete kits, to components, fueling, suspension, drivetrain, we would be happy to help. day or night.

we hope everyone is having a great summer!

Casey, and Jon
Huron Speed

YOUR SOURCE FOR ALL THINGS TURBO!
CASEY@HURONSPEED.COM
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
TWITTER @HURONSPEED

Last edited by Huron Speed; 06-12-2015 at 01:17 PM.
Old 06-12-2015, 05:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im on the V1 kit, A/C kit as well.. makin over 900 to the wheel through an auto.
You guys are awesome and produce the best kits
Old 06-12-2015, 05:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My kit looks amazing. Fitment is spot on so far. Can't wait to finish her up this weekend. Thanks again guys!
Old 06-12-2015, 05:43 PM
Staging Lane

I will gladly also say how the fit and finish of my kit is also spot on. And Jon always took the time to answer all my questions day or night immediately, already planing out 3 more cars to purchase kits for.
Old 06-12-2015, 06:43 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Kmspeedie
Im on the V1 kit, A/C kit as well.. makin over 900 to the wheel through an auto.
You guys are awesome and produce the best kits
impressive numbers! thanks for the kind words.

Originally Posted by z2h8t
My kit looks amazing. Fitment is spot on so far. Can't wait to finish her up this weekend. Thanks again guys!
I am glad you are happy with it! enjoy!

Originally Posted by blown67chevelle
I will gladly also say how the fit and finish of my kit is also spot on. And Jon always took the time to answer all my questions day or night immediately, already planing out 3 more cars to purchase kits for.
that's excellent to hear! Jon and I try our very best to always answer questions even if we have to take a minute or two away from home time after business hours. its worth it to us to have happy customers!

contact us whenever you are ready for the next kits, either of us would be happy to help.

-Casey

CASEY@HURONSPEED.COM
TWITTER @HURONSPEED
Old 06-13-2015, 12:40 PM
Launching!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Have you guys had any feedback on the ac kits and driveability now that it's summertime? Really wanna pull the trigger on one for my t/a.
Old 06-13-2015, 01:47 PM
Teching In

I have done tons and tons of research and from reading lots of forum posts, the consensus is you guys are THE best. So I'll be ordering from you soon!

I just purchased a 13k mile SS and I can't wait to purchase a v2 a/c kit with the PT7675!
Old 06-13-2015, 03:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CGCBandit
Have you guys had any feedback on the ac kits and driveability now that it's summertime? Really wanna pull the trigger on one for my t/a.
Ive had the v1 a/c kit for all last summer and now going into this one, and im in south FL where its HOT.. with 2 pusher fans everything is fine, but i cant idle for a long time or itl jump to 220 while cruising around its at 205 or so.. (takes probly 2-3minutes of idling while already at temp.) but i do have the stock thermostat in there.. which i needa change.
Old 06-14-2015, 12:41 PM
Launching!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Ive had the v1 a/c kit for all last summer and now going into this one, and im in south FL where its HOT.. with 2 pusher fans everything is fine, but i cant idle for a long time or itl jump to 220 while cruising around its at 205 or so.. (takes probly 2-3minutes of idling while already at temp.) but i do have the stock thermostat in there.. which i needa change.
Good info, it gets really hot/humid here in the mid atlantic as well, sometimes get stuck in traffic with the ac on. Be interesting to see what if any difference a tstat would make. You still using the stock radiator as well?
Old 06-14-2015, 06:50 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by CGCBandit
as Kmspeedie mentioned, the cars stay nice and cool for the most part. and when they do get warm, its "normal" warm, not overheating. shoot me an email, or pm! Casey@huronspeed.com i'll set you up with a kit you will love!

Originally Posted by Tyzorg
I have done tons and tons of research and from reading lots of forum posts, the consensus is you guys are THE best. So I'll be ordering from you soon!

I just purchased a 13k mile SS and I can't wait to purchase a v2 a/c kit with the PT7675!
thank you very much! our goal is in this business, is to have that reputation. so that is very much appreciated. you should shoot me an email or PM as well, id be happy to get you going!

thanks for the info! a cooler thermostat would probably get those temps down even lower!

CASEY@HURONSPEED.COM
TWITTER @HURONSPEED
Old 06-15-2015, 12:00 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

who else is making power with a HSP kit?

CASEY@HURONSPEED.COM
TWITTER @HURONSPEED
Old 06-15-2015, 03:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ship date on my AC kit is this week, so hopefully I'll be making power within two weeks!
Old 06-16-2015, 11:38 AM
On The Tree

Made my first track appearance with my t4 v1 kit and ran a 9.90@142 my very first pass. This is on a stock 5.7 with a cam and ls9 gaskets. I think with a decent 60' and more track time I can get it down to the 9.50 range.

I can't thank Jon and the Huron Speed group enough for their very high level of customer service on every product they sell. I will buy from them again in a heart beat when it's time to upgrade.
Old 06-16-2015, 11:52 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by PewterZCar
Made my first track appearance with my t4 v1 kit and ran a 9.90@142 my very first pass. This is on a stock 5.7 with a cam and ls9 gaskets. I think with a decent 60' and more track time I can get it down to the 9.50 range.

I can't thank Jon and the Huron Speed group enough for their very high level of customer service on every product they sell. I will buy from them again in a heart beat when it's time to upgrade.

awesome results! and thanks for the kind words. we appreciate you!

-Casey

CASEY@HURONSPEED.COM
TWITTER @HURONSPEED
Old 06-16-2015, 12:02 PM
On The Tree

For what it's worth I've had the kit installed and running for 3-4 years without a single problem. They closed down our local track, and this was just my first time traveling to get a number.
Old 06-16-2015, 01:14 PM
On The Tree

Do you guys have any plans to run a special on the V2 AC kits for the 4th?
Old 06-16-2015, 01:23 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by RBCUDA
Do you guys have any plans to run a special on the V2 AC kits for the 4th?
No plans for a special, we are still catching up from the GP!

BUT, shoot me an email and lets talk.

Casey@huronspeed.com

CASEY@HURONSPEED.COM
TWITTER @HURONSPEED
Old 06-16-2015, 02:05 PM
On The Tree

The ceramic coating on the manifolds and powder coating on the cold side is extra?
Old 06-16-2015, 02:18 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by RBCUDA
The ceramic coating on the manifolds and powder coating on the cold side is extra?
yessir! the coating is done very well, and we can do basically any color. well worth it!

CASEY@HURONSPEED.COM
TWITTER @HURONSPEED
Old 06-16-2015, 02:30 PM
On The Tree

How much is it just to do the hot side? Would you still need wrap it if it was coated?

Quick Reply: HURON SPEED update, And 98-02 F body "v2" line of turbo kits.