Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Wont go into boost?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 11:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Default Wont go into boost?

Sup guys, having a little issue here. I recently changed my mid/rear mount on3 76mm turbo setup over to a front mount turbo setup while upgrading to a T6 1.32 a/r S475 . I am currently still on a base E85 tune that was done by a vendor here that has worked awesome for the most part with my old setup. I have hit 10-13lbs of boost with that extra safe tune without an issue with very close monitoring. (No knock detection and AFR was good). This was with my NON-INTERCOOLED mid mount on3 76mm setup..... Fast forward 3 months later. I upgraded to a T6 borg warner S475 with a 1.32 a/r with a custom schdule 10 log manifold setup, running E85 and an intercooler. First time out, trying to get into ANY boost AT ALL it stuttered so bad. I only have a 4psi spring in my precisiom 66mm wastegate... I also noticed that when trying to get into boost that the pcm was pulling out 7* because of Knock detection. I checked over the entire setup for leaks and threw in a set of new TR6 plugs, same thing...I really have a hard time believing that I cant utilize 1-4lbs of boost by just swapping to this setup and upgrading to an S475... Fuel pressure looks good.. im stumped.
Old 07-08-2015, 12:32 PM
8 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Every time ive seen a turbo car make 0 boost it was because of a major leak or the turbine wasn't spinning. Double check these two things..
Old 07-08-2015, 01:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

A leak in the hotside will cause this?
Old 07-08-2015, 01:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What size tubing is those logs and primaries going into turbo?
Old 07-08-2015, 01:46 PM
8 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron_Stoppable
A leak in the hotside will cause this?
A leak on the hot side large enough to prevent any boost would clear as day (loud)
Old 07-08-2015, 03:31 PM
9 Second Club

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron_Stoppable
Sup guys, having a little issue here. I recently changed my mid/rear mount on3 76mm turbo setup over to a front mount turbo setup while upgrading to a T6 1.32 a/r S475 . I am currently still on a base E85 tune that was done by a vendor here that has worked awesome for the most part with my old setup. I have hit 10-13lbs of boost with that extra safe tune without an issue with very close monitoring. (No knock detection and AFR was good). This was with my NON-INTERCOOLED mid mount on3 76mm setup..... Fast forward 3 months later. I upgraded to a T6 borg warner S475 with a 1.32 a/r with a custom schdule 10 log manifold setup, running E85 and an intercooler. First time out, trying to get into ANY boost AT ALL it stuttered so bad. I only have a 4psi spring in my precisiom 66mm wastegate... I also noticed that when trying to get into boost that the pcm was pulling out 7* because of Knock detection. I checked over the entire setup for leaks and threw in a set of new TR6 plugs, same thing...I really have a hard time believing that I cant utilize 1-4lbs of boost by just swapping to this setup and upgrading to an S475... Fuel pressure looks good.. im stumped.
So how are AFR's/tuning when it is coming onto boost ? And when does it start making boost ? Are you actually hitting 4psi ?

Is knock detection set up correctly, and have you actually listened for any strange noises that might be causing any false detections ?

SD/MAF ? Has anything changed there ?
Old 07-08-2015, 03:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we had the same problem with a truck we tunned.it would shutter so bad and not make any bost.come to find out it was way rich.leaned it out and it was a animal.something to check anyways
Old 07-08-2015, 03:59 PM
I need a gauge for that

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like its mifiring probably from being too rich or too lean....how do the trims and wideband look out of boost in the higher load areas?

Quick Reply: Wont go into boost?