Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Vacuum Lines

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 09:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Vacuum Lines

I am close to starting my turbo build but I cant seem to find a thread with clear enough info to route my vacuum lines. Everyone seems to have a different setup or different components.

I bought a blox vacuum log and "t" it into my brake booster and that's about all I could get from the threads

I have a JGSTK300 BOV which has 2 ports , PT&E 46mm Wastgate which also has 2 ports along with the Hurricane Benita (Turbonetics 7868) and I can only find one port on it.

I also have the Squash performance double in tank pumps which require the Hobbs switch to activate the second pump. I have it in the vacuum log already.

I am running a manual boost controller (I have no will power)

Anyone running a similar setup with any advice to hook these up correctly would be much appreciated. This is my first turbo build (if you cant tell)
so I'm a lil gun shy. Thanks again guys
Old 07-13-2015, 10:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Run WG reference to turbo port if it has one, if not you can run it to the port behind the TB on the intake, driver side. I ran my BOV off the intake port behind the TB on passenger side. Hobbs switch and boost gauge off the vacuum block. That's how mine is setup and it's working fine so far.
Old 07-13-2015, 10:43 PM
Staging Lane

There is a 1/8 inch pipe thread on the exhaust side of the turbo housing that's the only port I can find that may be for vacuum. Does this sound right. I mean it's got to have a vacuum port right?

And what about the boost controller

Thanks for all the help
Old 07-14-2015, 05:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya, that sounds right. Run your vacuum source from that port in
Turbo to WG. That's the best way to do it. As far as the boost controller goes, they are all different. You'll just have to search around to see how it needs hooked up.
Old 07-14-2015, 07:41 AM
Staging Lane

Right on man I appreciate it...and I told you wrong the port on the turbo is on the cold side. Don't know how I mixed that up. What about the other other port on the wastegate and the other port on the bov. Both have two ports. Do they go to the atmosphere? If so which port would go where. For example does the top port on the wastegate go to the turbo..and same for bov it has 2 ports...run from top port on bov to intake?
I appreciate the help man I jus want to be clear as possible.
Old 07-15-2015, 08:39 AM
Staging Lane

Still need help guys
Old 07-17-2015, 12:41 PM
Staging Lane

Anymore info guys

Quick Reply: Vacuum Lines