Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Blower cam for boost?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 01:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blower cam for boost?

Hey guys recently got this cam package from TSP for my LY6 when I was just thinking of staying N/A. That has changed and I plan on going boosted. I called TSP and they said that the LS3-B blower cam would be good for me, and that I could change out the cam and nothing else. This is the cam package I have down below now:

The LS3 blower cam is 227/235 .639/.646 114LSA, will the cam still preform well with a boosted? I was thinking LS9 cam but I don't know if I can ever go back to not having a lopey idle. The turbo I was thinking of running is BorgWarner S475 1.10 a/r, and a 83mm compressor wheel.
Old 07-22-2015, 03:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

I doubt the guys at Texas speed would steer you wrong, but that mentioned replacement blower cam is mighty close to maxing out those springs.

Personally, I would either use the original cam you had lined up for the n/a build, or upgrade to .700" lift capable springs and use their recommended blower cam.

But honestly, I don't know ****.
Old 07-22-2015, 04:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DavidBoren
I doubt the guys at Texas speed would steer you wrong, but that mentioned replacement blower cam is mighty close to maxing out those springs.

Personally, I would either use the original cam you had lined up for the n/a build, or upgrade to .700" lift capable springs and use their recommended blower cam.

But honestly, I don't know ****. (<<What?)
Yes that is close to maxing them out I never noticed that, maybe I'll give them a call and ask about that. The original cam is in now but I heard 112LSA isn't good for a turbo and also with how big it is.

Really I was just seeing if the blower cam will work against me or with me when I turbo it.
Old 08-15-2015, 06:19 PM
Teching In

BUMP, anyone else that can comment on this?

Quick Reply: Blower cam for boost?